June 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Staff member since Feb, 2009
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
ai1254.photobucket.com_albums_hh616_olga_soleil_osd_sun_icon_.jpg
Welcome June Sunbeams!!

If you're having surgery in the month of June, I hope you'll join our June Sunbeams for a bright start to your life with your new joint!

Your fellow Sunbeams will help you along the way with warm hugs and lots of support!

We have found that surgery and recovery is easier if you have a group of folks who are going through similar experiences.

June 4, 2012!!! At the same hospital where my husband works. Even though I may not even notice, I'm setting up my bike helmet, my ice skates & a poster for the San Diego Tour de Cure for diabetes in my hospital room. Motivation! :thumb:

Finially we have arrived:dancy: We who are having our surgeries in June!!! I'm June 1, 2012 welcome Sunbeamers:yes 4:

Kim(Blakqueen)

Well..............as the surgeon told me on Monday 30/4/12, 6-8 weeks, it looks very likely it will be June, and I can be a Sunbeam!:yay:

I think June was meant to be my month, by the way. My "name" on the only other forum I've been part of is Sunshine, and my signature was "Sunshine is a frame of mind". So it's right that I'm a Sunbeam!

It's June 6th for me. Happy to be a Sunbeam - used to sing about Jesus wanting me to be one in Sunday School, didn't know then that this would be the route! :umm:

YAY!!!!:yay: BTKR June 1st, couldn't have started the Sunbeam month any better way! Shining all the way from Colchester, Connecticut!:biggrin:

The Final stop on my journey to being a Cyborg will be LTKR on 6/27. It seems funny to be looking for this one, when I am just starting Outpatient Physcial Therapy for the RTKR this week. But oh well at least everything will soon be over, and then from the waist down I will be a mixture of Titanium, Ceramic, Cobalt, and Plastic. No more pesky Bone on Bone Issues!

I'm back... this time for a new right knee... lucky June 13 at 0800 for me...

If all goes according to plan - it's June 13 for my first one. Nerves are starting to kick in....

Hello,
I have been reading all the posts and digesting all the information but this is the first time I have replied.
I am having both knees replaced this year and my first will be on June 7th. I dont know if it will be my left or right but as my consultant said it does not matter since both need doing anyway.
I am soooooooooooo nervous and wonder how people cope with the idea of having metal inside them for the rest of their lives. Does it play on your mind or do you just get on with things and dont think of it ?
So much is going through my head. I am having a tooth extracted next Thursday and am currently on anti-biotics for same thing.
Well good luck everyone, I will be thinking of you all when its my turn.
xxx

Hi, Coniglietta, and welcome to BoneSmart! I'm glad you decided to join in the forum. Please do contintue reading here both in the BoneSmart Library and in the pre- and post-op forums. The more information you have, the less nervous you'll be about it all.

Also, be sure and post any specific question, concerns or fears you have....we'll address them and hopefully that will make you more relaxed. The surgery is a big step, but it's one that gives you an excellent chance for a normal, painfree life again.

As for your question about thinking about having "metal" in your knee....hon, you'll not feel it as anything but your knee. Your old joints are worn out and unable to carry on for you. Much as you might get a crown on a bad tooth, you're going to get some new parts for your bones that will enable the joint to work properly.

The best to all of the June Sunbeams! :thumb:

JUNE SURGERY LIST

Week 1

June 1 Blakqueen (Kim)
June 1 Jacky48
June 4 Lori
June 4 Janet2012 (Janet)
June 5 Vicledsome

Week 2
June 6 Reetpteet
June 7 Coniglietta

Week 3
June 11 JoyWest
June 11 Susu
June 13
drnscr

June 13 Phoenixx29
June 18 MsScarlett
June 18 MerryKaye (Karen)

Week 4
Your name here :biggrin:

Week 5
June 27 Redbedhead (Anna)

TBD
June ? ladyj

I am happy to be joining in this awesome June group! I will get my new right knee on June 11th! Here's hoping it will go just as well as my left did.
Joy

Great idea Elisea, Thanks!:friends:

Coniglietta, The thought of metal in my knees never entered my mind, however having two good workable knees is on my mind all the time!:yay:
We are lucky in this day and age to have available to us a technology to give us a better quality of life with joint replacement when our own joints fail us. I for one, as you can see on this forum there are many of us who are ready to grab the chance to change our lives for the better!:friends:

I wish you the best on June 7th, and a speedy recovery!:wubroses:
Just think we'll always be known as the Sunbeams! How bright is that!:biggrin:

Newbie here -
Having RTKR June 18th - then LTKR in September - is the plan for now. Trying to decide which rehab center to go to after surgery in Orlando, FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member