THR Gingko day 5 after Direct Anterior Approach THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: tramadol vs codeine

'Different courses for different horses' as the saying goes! It's the same for all medications.

On the other hand, you could not have been taking enough of the Tramadol. Often times when people here have said that Tramadol or Tylenol is no good, I then find that they've been taking too small a dose for the situation.

Re: tramadol vs codeine

I have to say it made me feel strange Jo, but did absolutely nothing for the pain. Nor does Tylenol. I actually took the max of both together too, as I wanted to get off Percocet. Just my tolerance to pain meds, I guess...

Gingko.....I made a batch of brownies and cut them into small squares that I kept in a Tupperware container right by my bed for when I took meds in the middle of the night. It worked great and it was so nice to have that chocolate treat along with the pills!

Brownies to help take meds to avoid nausea

Wow, what a great idea! Only thing is I am a sugar addict and have not eaten any sweets in 11 years!!!
What I'm doing now instead of saltines is a little cup of brown rice. It is not delicious cold but seems to do the trick of preventing the nausea and heartburn.
But brownies...what fun!
Thanks,
Gingko

Morning....

I thought the exact same thing when Jamie wrote about the brownies, but I have same issue im a be sugar addict and I've cheated the last few weeks big time, the thought of having the brownies could push me over the edge....heavenly thought hahahahah! I like the brown rice idea!! Last week I had toast every time and I'm paying for it I feel heavy.

Happy healing Gingko!

xxooxx

Anterior THR 4 weeks today!

Hi Everyone,
I think things are going very well. I weaned off narcotics this past week and am taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) 1000mg only once or twice a day before exercise.

My home physical therapist transitioned me from walker to cane and now says I can walk without any aid which I do about half the time. The other half I still use the cane.

I going to try to go back to work in about 2 or 3 weeks doing one week of half days before starting full time. Because I had Direct Anterior Approach (Dr. Matta) I had no restrictions from the start and there is no butt pain because the incision is in the front.
I still think the whole thing is an ordeal especially having to wake up twice in the middle of the night to take narcotics in order to stay ahead of the pain which is well worth doing. I'm so glad that the worst is over. I started driving yesterday without any problem.

Wishing everyone all the best and wonderful new hips in 2012. Thanks for all your support along the way!

Gingko

@gingko: In responding to your latest post, I realized you had four recovery threads started. So I have merged them all into this one. I hope you don't mind, but it makes it so much easier for anyone reading them to follow your story.

You are doint so well! I'm thrilled to hear it!!!!

Be sure and post any future questions or updates here. I look forward to reading more good news.

Hello Gingko,

Wow congratulations you sound fabulous! Great news on the cane plus the pain Meds.

Hope you had a nice holiday and wishing you a Happy New Year!

xxooxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Helpmyknee21
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts