TKR 21 June 2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

Good news on your Dr. appt and that your strength is improving!.:yes!: You look great resting with your pillow sack..what a great idea.:yes:.

Hi @Majella and @jaschembra the new pillow stack is helping me so much but I've been totally exhausted the last few days. I did get outside for a brief walk today. My June knee wanted more but October knee and fatigue told me to stop. How are you both?

@TML you are doing so great!! I am good. The mind keeps trying to play games with me like: is my pain bad enough to warrant surgery- of course I know yes...as it will continue to get worse. And, then I tell myself, just stop taking the 300 mg of Celebrex and you might think differently about your pain level! P.S. Spunky Barb is doing great. Saw her today...she is back to Curves 3 days a week and Silver Sneakers exercise 2 days a week! @ 83!!! :bow:

That is so normal to have those doubts. The big question to ask yourself is, 'How is this knee keeping me from doing the things I love?'

@jaschembra you will probably have to stop taking the Celebrex a few weeks before surgery. Most docs like you to be off everything except Tylenol. That's how I knew I HAD to have the TKR.

@jaschembra I'm anxious to hear more about Spunky Barb! Did you see her at Curves?

@TML she's my mother. I was helping her with her RTKR which was performed June 29 when I first found this site. You can find her... she doesn't post now though. Sorry, I thought you were one of the folks that helped us when we had questions (although, I'm sure you would have helped us). Here is her thread - I guess this is how you do it or search SpunkyBarb. https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/spunkys-journey.36781/

Hoping everyday you gain more energy. As someone has mentioned, don't forget your proteins

Hi @jaschembra - it would be good if you post an update about SpunkyBarb on he own thread. I'm sure that others who followed her progress would like to hear how well she is doing.

Then we can get TML's thread back to her own recovery.

@jaschembra just reread your mom's thread - she's so awesome. How are your knees doing now?

Hi! How's Miss October treating you? I hope Miss June is coming along well also! I'm loving your pillow stack! My hips have started hurting during the night lately & it's really helping. :wave:

Hi TML
Its not even been four weeks for you yet, no wonder you are so exhausted. I'm now 7 weeks post op with my L TKR and I need a nap every day about 2pm as my knee reminds me! I get energy drain big time :flabber:
My R TKR says lets keep going and my L TKR says: are you kidding?? :heehee:

@TML

I've not been active on the list but am doing amazing but starting to get impatient. I know I cannot over do it or I will pay. I'm at 105 ROM at 6 weeks which is ok with me. Dr. said 105-110 was his goal for me. Starting to have thoughts that the second one will be a bear compared to this first easy one.

Did you have a good Thanksgiving and not over do it. Ours was very quiet. I keep reading the posts to encourage myself to stay in slow mode. That's my biggest hurdle now thinking I'm ready to get "on with my normal life".

Hoping to hear that you are doing great!

Barb

Your knee is still an infant, but you will see a little improvement every week. I didn't drive until my 7th week out, but that's when I felt like a new creature with a whole new outlook! The best is ahead of you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Riveralex
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom