TKR Zingers - shock waves on knee

I agree with Tykey, 4 degrees is very insignificant, if indeed it is even true. The tool they use is not an exact measurement, and it can be off and vary.

I can’t stress enough that you don't have to worry so much about your ROM. Mine was poor my whole first year and it’s fine now.

I gave up water walking as well. After every session my stiffness increased a lot. Exercise instead for flexibility, this activity doesn't do that.

Agree regarding water walking stiffness.

Hi
Thanks for your suggestions . Saw Dr . He was pleased with my leg extensions , my strength , my walking and said Rom was “ ok “ . Would have liked more but said I was doing good . Suggested I keep up riding the bike so I’m going to continue PT for a few more weeks . It’s almost 4 months since TNR . Dr said it could take a year to get back to “ normal “ ! I actually hit 105 yesterday without too much pain . Still very stiff some days .
Will post agin in another few weeks . Thanks again for the comments

I’ve just had my first “zinger” at 6 days post rtkr - don’t wish to have too many if that’s how they feel. When did you start on the bike?
all the best

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Susie-Q
    Staff member since February2, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties