Update on "Rugrat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugrat

TKR on 2/25/11

I have a motion of 115 and at -4 (This hurts A LOT). Pain is still there and hurts alot after work outs (she pushes me HARD which i really like). Still on pain meds which helps, and use a TON of ice..... i get a lot of "twitching" in my knee at times which hurts and scares you. I hope to go back to the office on 3/28 if all feels good next week.

Sleeping at night is still ruff. I have not been to the bed with my wife since before surgery. I lay in the big leather recliner and watch TV and dose off. I think I will try the pillow between legs and try my side. I know i can't put a pillow under my knee though. Bruising is going away fast and swelling has gone down a lot. I get rid of my socks by the end of the week (from blood clot) at least it's not 95 degrees and high humidity with these things.

Good to chat with all of ya'll!

It sounds like you are making great progress. I, too, had sleep issues, I wandered around the house looking for a place to sleep when I abandoned the recliner.

Keep icing and elevating. I wish you well going back to work a month after your TKR---it may be a tad early, but I do not know what type of sick time you have, etc. I went back at eight weeks with my BTKR and I was stiff and sore. I hope that it is "different strokes for different folks" for you and you are not like me.

I had s few DVT's and those TED hose were nasty!

Keep icing and elevating---it sounds like you are dong a great job with those!

Nice to hear from you, rugrat!! I agree with Tim that you may find yourself struggling if you go back to work this soon.....but hopefully you can start with half days or every other day. Try to plan for as much rest, icing and elevation as possible even at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Unique Mike
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom