TKR TKR My new right knee

@smcsmc727 You said “It is discouraging that there's still pain and swelling even after a year, but we all just have to deal with it, and look forward to the day when all we have are a few aches, and only need to ice occasionally.”

I just read your post from November. I’ve been caring for my mom since June 1923 my knee has progressively gotten better, but Winter time has slowed by exercise routine since I am not at home. I really miss my regular exercise of swimming. Caring for my mom has been a challenge for me. I have been staying at my mothers home caring for her getting a little bit of time off during the week to run errands. My exercise routine is not what it would normally be.

I came back to read bonesmart posts to see what I could do for myself now. It has been almost one year since my knee surgery. Yesterday, I could not believe how much my knee was hurting me. I’m discouraged that I’m in pain still after all this time, but after reading that others like you still have the problem of achy Knee after a year I realize I’m not alone. I know I haven’t been getting enough exercise caring for my mom. The exercise I’m getting is not the kind I need.

I wanted to thank you for your post as it is very encouraging knowing that I’m not alone. I’ll just keep dealing with, and try to be positive. I’ve been hoping that there is nothing wrong with the replacement.
I did see the film Nyad on Netflix. I could really relate to this woman. My friends would get upset with me when I would swim down the coast from where we were hanging out on the beach, not returning for an hour or more. Of course I would not do what Nyad did, but I’m longing to return to the ocean. A swimming pool just doesn’t do it for me. Thanks again for your post.

Hi Waterlady!
It's been a while!
Many blessings to you for your loving and dedicated care of your mother. I am sorry you're unable to exercise in a way you feel will fulfill and benefit you in the long run. I wish you could find a way to regularly get out on your own for both your physical and mental health and something to look forward to daily, or even only multiple times per week as a mental recharge of sorts. I do hope an opportunity presents itself allowing you a little more freedom to concentrate on your needs. Everyone should be so lucky to have a daughter as supportive as you!
@Waterlady

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
CanDoWillDo
Recent bookmarks
Back