TKR TKR in 2015

Smartimarti

Country
United States United States
Had TKR in 2015 and terrible pain on outside of knee immediately. My doctor said it was fine. I went to another Dr. and revision of center. where the groove is. Got no better. Six yrs. now and pain is worse and feels like cutting sensation in same spot. Revision doc says it is now a spur there and that is why it hurts. Hurt after surgery in 2015 so how could it be a spur causing the pain? It is running down into the foot also. I think he trapped a nerve.

Hello @Smartimarti - and :welome:

Please will you tell us the full date of your knee replacement and which knee it is, so we can make a signature for you? Having the exact date in your signature will help us to advise you, as we'll be able to see it at the bottom of every post you make, without having to go back to your earlier posts..
Thank you.:flwrysmile:

I went to another Dr. and revision of center. where the groove is
I'm glad you've seen another surgeon. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the sentences I've quoted, but I think that's what you meant.

Whatever the problem was initially, a bone spur could now be causing the nerve problems and that can be dealt with.

I think it would be a good idea to look for at least one more opinion, from a surgeon who specializes in problem knees. These surgeons see knee problems every working day and they can often spot a problem and a solution that has escaped previous surgeons.

You'll need a doctor who has no connection, either professional or social, with surgeons who have seen your knee problem before, so that he/she can form a completely independent opinion, and you may have to travel to find the right person.

Hi again, @Smartimarti .
Just to let you know that I've moved your post and its thread to the Knee Surgery Recovery Area, since you have already had your surgery - even though it was a while ago.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Becky56
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom