THR Thanks for this Forum

Hi @Datman I happened upon your thread, you have a very interesting career! I don't have any advice or suggestions but am hopeful that your OS will have some easy answer, with an easy solution.

I agree with Layla, wouldn't it be worthwhile to just get the appointment scheduled and find out for sure what is going on?
For now I wish for you some peace of mind.. and less discomfort.

Seems to be a passing phase as it’s happening far less frequently now. Hope that it continues.

Good to hear that! Fingers crossed for you (except when I am playing “the thing that must be scraped”)

Best wishes it continues in a positive direction for you.
Thanks for updating. Stay in touch and have a great week!
@Datman

Actually @Datman "Sound of Music" was hilarious when Maria accidentally thought she was in a different scene and was waiting for Gretel to come on. She (Maria) should have been praying. She realised what she had done and dropped the F bomb quietly. The microphone picked this up and the band cracked up.. her next line - on her knees was "Dear God….." Don't you just love show business?!

We were on a budget so (sadly) no trumpet players to insult in the pit! Just Scapers and Blowers…

"Guys and Dolls" next so I suspect trumpets may be needed for that one… I will try to cope with this sad news as best I can.

Guys and Dolls, definitely needs trumpets. Havana especially. Played it last year, good fun. On the last night our violinist was ill and we couldn’t find a replacement. A young girl turned up and played oboe, sight reading the whole show. Didn’t miss a note. Amazing skills.

Happy One Year Anniversary!
If you receive notifications, stop by and say Hi. We’d love to hear from you. :)
Be safe, stay well and have a great Spring / Summer 2020.
@Datman

Happy Birthday to my hip. Thank you for all the support you have given during the year.

yes, one year already. Fully recovered now and complete mobility resumed. Back to normal. Can walk as far as I want, with no problems whatsoever. Great support and advice from this forum for which I thank you all, even violinists.
Hope you all remain healthy and avoid this virus completely.

cheers

Datman

Wonderful update! It's a great feeling, isn't it?
It's so good to read how well you are doing.
When a member updates, it can give so much hope to the ones on their first weeks or months of their recoveries. So thank you, also!
Be safe, the virus seems to be a very opportunistic one.

Great to hear ... @Datman
Happy belated one year Hipversary:yahoo:
All the best for you.

Well, one year and one month. All has been going fine, until today. Sudden shooting pain in the outside of the thigh. A few times when walking, but also just sitting in the chair. Hope it’s just a phase. Might even have to take a painkiller. Very strange.

Hello Datman,
Wondering if you‘ve ramped up exercise or activity recently, causing some type of aggravation? If not, try rest, ice and OTC pain relievers if you feel the need.
Hopefully it eases soon.
Wishing you comfort and speedy relief.
@Datman

Hi Layla, I think that may be the cause. Just taken a few 2.5 mile walks, every other day recently. Very hilly, so maybe overdone it. Shame, because I felt fine during those. It was a short walk yesterday that caused the problem. And then just sitting in a chair. Probably just getting old.

Hi again :wave:
Hopefully with some dedicated icing and rest all will be back to normal soon.
A great rest of the week to you!
@Datman

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads