THR Thanks for this Forum

Look at Datman go!:wowspring:
If you find that you are seeing repercussions from too much activity, scale it back a bit and then incrementally increase again.

This summer is going to be Sweet!:yahoo:

Week 8. Nothing much to report. Scar and muscle still ache and slightly tender to the touch. Daily walks the same. 15 mins on the exercise bike but I have put in a couple of HIIT periods in the 15 mins. Rehearsals start for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this weekend, so I hope sitting on a chair for 8 hours on Sunday won’t be too uncomfortable.

:wave:Hi @Datman Thanks for the update!
Sounds like you're doing well. Not sure how sitting on a chair for 8 hours will work.
Hopefully you're able to get up numerous times to stretch and walk a little.
Good luck with rehearsals. You'll have to let us know how it goes.
Happy Friday!

:wave:Hi @Datman Thanks for the update!
Sounds like you're doing well. Not sure how sitting on a chair for 8 hours will work.
Hopefully you're able to get up numerous times to stretch and walk a little.
Good luck with rehearsals. You'll have to let us know how it goes.
Happy Friday!

Well, the rehearsal was uncomfortable, despite standing up as often as possible and today was positively painful. Muscle stiffened up considerably. Still 2 weeks to the next all day rehearsal, the others are around 3 hours, which isn’t too bad.

Glad to hear that your recovery is going well:yahoo: just take it easy and follow all the great advice on this forum and you will totally rock this new hip thing :yes!:

Hi @Datman
Two months tomorrow so still early days.
Hang in there, friend.
Rehearsals start for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this weekend
Thanks for that earworm...I shall be bopping to it all day:umm:

Sorry the rehearsal was uncomfortable for you. See if icing helps, lots of rest too.
Eight hours in a chair, even with breaks is a lot.
Thankfully the next rehearsals are considerably shorter, and you have a break in between now and then.

Hey...it's a special day tomorrow so I'm sending wishes a day early. Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you do something you enjoy to celebrate the day.
Have a great week!
@Datman

9 weeks today. Progress has slowed completely. Movement is pretty good, walking and using the exercise bike is not presenting too much of a problem. The muscles are still sore. Constant ache that sometimes needs ibuprofen to ease it. Need to move from the chair in the evenings, several times, to keep from stiffening up. On the plus side, it’s nowhere near the discomfort/pain suffered for the 3 years before the surgery.

Happy Friday!
Do you think the bike could be the cause of of your constant ache? I wonder if you give it a break for a week if the ache would ease? Your choice, but it may be worth trying. Consider icing also if you aren't already.
When you think of all the trauma the area took on it's easy to understand that you're still in the healing process, which can take up to a full year, even longer for some. The result of this surgery is amazing as you've already implied and it will become even more apparent as the weeks and months click on by.

I hope you have a nice weekend! :wave:

Thanks Layla, (I can’t think of that name without the guitar riff ). . Maybe the bike needs to be phased back a bit. I’ve always pushed myself physically. 20 years as a SWAT team member tends to make you try to excel in everything. . Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

10 week update. Operation site still tender and aches quite a bit. Occasionally require Ibuprofen to take the edge off. If been inactive for a while, I limp when first moving but after a few paces movement is fine and pain free. Almost getting to the point I forget I had the surgery. Another all day show rehearsal tomorrow, but this time I’m taking my own seat, because it’s height adjustable, so that may help.
Stay well everyone. Onwards and upwards.

:wave:Things will keep improving...just be careful not to overdo. Great to hear how well you are doing.
If been inactive for a while, I limp when first moving but after a few paces movement is fine and pain free.
I had "stutter steps" upon rising for up to five months post op.
Would march a bit in place to fire things up before moving forward...this too shall pass:tada:
Have a great weekend @Datman

Tenderness at ten weeks (and beyond) sounds normal to me. A lot of trauma took place in a small area.
I hope you're able to get comfortable at the show rehearsal and can get up to stretch / move at regular intervals. Let us know how it goes.
Have a good one!
@Datman

but this time I’m taking my own seat, because it’s height adjustable, so that may help.

I was going to suggest this when I read your earlier post. I went back to work fairly early in my recovery (desk job). I had to test out about 7 chairs in the office before finding one I could tolerate. Ironically, it is this old wooden conference chair with a totally flat seat, and then I have a very thin memory foam pad on top of it. I found that any curvature in the seat (including curvature caused by an overly soft seat) was a no go.

12 weeks today. Everything progressing nicely. Walking seems to be fine, apart from a limp when first moving from the chair or car. Still getting occasional pain in the leg and the scar is tender to the touch. I did make the mistake of trying to sit in my 40 year old Triumph Spitfire sports car, luckily my son was there to help me get back up. Might have to sell it if I can’t get in and out, which would be sad as I’ve had it for 30 years. Oh well, nothing lasts for ever. As the need for a new hip demonstrates.
Stay well.

Hi :wave: Wonderful update!
It's good to hear everything is progressing nicely and you're doing well at 12 weeks post op.
And it will only get better! Hopefully you'll be able to comfortably get in and out of your car in a few more months. :fingersx: If not, it sounds like you have a healthy attitude about it all.
Wishing you a great Summer!
Stay in touch :) :-) (:
@Datman

Well, great update and I certainly wouldn't assume, what I can't do comfortably at 3 months requires an admission of restrictions.
You might very well decide your new hip doesn't jive with the little sports car...but there is simply a lot of healing yet to come.
Keep the faith

0FD0A58D-EB79-4D60-9225-43927D9A8A09.jpeg

Oh Yeah!:tada:

That is YOU.
I say give it a few months..might not be good for long trips this first year, but it is THE best lawn ornament I've ever seen.:ok:

@SurreyGirl has a little sports car she mused about whether she should sell after hip replacement.
Forgot what it was and when she got back to driving...but I believe she is cruising in it now.:driver:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bonehenge
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom