"SYNVISE" New to me, how about you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

new yorker

This is a treatment that I just found out about while getting my cortisone shot this morning. My doc brought it up as an alt to THR or even hip resurfacing for some people not all. He said the cortisone will get rid of some if not all pain in some people but made a suggestion about this stuff. He also said it is not FDA approved for hips yet but is for knees and shoulders. It is like a gelatin type that is injected in the joint just like cortisone and acts as a cusion in the joint in placement of cartalige. I am still in the process of lookin into it since I just found out this morning. LOOK IT UP, FEED YOUR BRAIN :thmb::thmb:

I have thise shots series 3 i think they didnt work for me but they might for you...I hope so..........good luck.........)

It's a short term fix but sadly not a permanent one. And rather depends upon the amount of damage in the joint as to whether it works or not.

Hi Yorker,
I have to agree with everyone else here. I actually tried it two different times,,series of three shots. The first time it helped me for maybe a day. Second time,my knee hurt worse from them poking needles deep into me,lol.

I think if your knee or hip is not damaged much at all,,it might help. But bone on bone,it will do nothing for you. I believe the surgeons all give us this option,so when TKR or THR is the only option,we as patients are more ready to accept that knowing we tried everything we could.

Very good luck!

I had synvisc injections in my hips every 4-6 months for about two+ years. Initially it allowed me to go back to jogging without pain. Overtime, however, it no longer worked and I got my two new hips. They are painless injections. In hindsight, I should have been happy with the loss of pain and not pushed it by returning to jogging!

In hindsight, I should have been happy with the loss of pain and not pushed it by returning to jogging!

A wise observation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back