Surgeon recommendation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braunzie

graduate
Country
United States United States
Looking at a TKR and wanting to get feedback from folks who would recommend their surgeon (pre-op to post-op experience).. I'm in the Seattle area, on the EAST SIDE, near Evergreen and Overlake Hospital. Any input would be VERY much appreciated! Thanks! :)

Obviously, I cannot help you, as I live in northern Ohio---but, when my OS told me that I needed a BTKR---and I found out that he does not do them, I asked him, if he needed a TKR, who would he want cutting him?

He gave me the name of the OS that he said was tremendous---and the only person that he would trust. I made the appt. and met him, and saw what my referring OS said. He does brilliant work.

Why not ask your GP or your OS---they, I believe, know the doctors and ultimately know who they would want operating on them.

Check out Proliance Surgeons, specifically Dr. Susan Cero or Dr. William Barrett. They are located in Renton at Valley Medical Center, where the Joint Center is located. The Joint Center is one of the best joint replacement surgery centers on the west coast. I had my surgery there by Dr. Cero about 3 years ago. I had an awesome experience, rather uneventful. You want the best surgeon, regardless of location to your home. Renton isn't that far from Woodinville.

I don't really have that much of a list of surgeons, actually....but I suggest you use the BoneSmart Find a Clinic locator tool (tab at the top of the page) to find possibilities. Get a list and then call to chat with the offices or make an appointment with the surgeon. This is much like a job interview process where you need to find the surgeon that suits your situation best. If you have problems using the locator, let me know. Just tag me and I'll help you.

Dr. Barrett in Renton, Wa. did both of my knees and my left hip. He is my hero! The Joint Center is amazing! It is run like a well oiled machine. You will feel taken care of from day 1. I am now scheduling to have my right hip replaced by Dr. Barrett. The experience each time has been excellent at the joint center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics