stitches gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

philzoel

3 weeks post-op

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well girls and boys I had my stitches out today. Saw a picture of my beautiful brand new hip. What a cutey. Doc was proud of his delivery and I asked him to autograph xray. Cleared to drive a car if I want but I'm in no hurry. Exercise, rest, still on drugs and only use a cane to get around. Sleep thru most nights.

In a nutshell-----I'm Doing Very Well------- Even I am surprised. Eggers office is so blase about this. They treat it like the common cold. I guess that comes after 8000 good ones.

It takes 6 weeks for tendons and bones to knit so I can't play golf yet and I get tired quick. By day end I am exhausted after eating, resting and 2 sets of exercise. The exercises are good. Actually hurt some but feel good.

Laura goes back to work tomorrow (Florence is retiring) so I am on my own. The only thing I cant do is but a sock on.

thanks again for all your support
[/FONT]

yes I did read it and very helpful. I cannot make that happen faster. I can delay it if I push too hard.

A broken leg is in a cast for 6 weeks. What i'm doing is a phenom by comparison

Sounds like you are doing great!! Isn't it amazing to look at the xray and see that new hardware in there! I want to take one home and show it to my kids so they can see my new bionic parts. :D

So happy you are doing well!!!

Putting on the sock will come! That was frustrating for me but I've been managing for a couple of weeks now. But you certainly don't want too push too much and do a bad thing to your muscles or implant.

I'm glad you think your's is cute. Mine is kinda rockin' too :)

Sure nice to experience those mini-reliefs in the course of revovery-like getting the stiches out. When I saw the x-rays (with replacements on both sides) I thought I looked like a large, 8 year old transformer toy. Don't worry about the sock-don't stress the joint bending over and just enjoy (only for the time being) those marvelous apperatuses/tools you collected with surgery. Jim:thmb:

Mine is metal on metal(chrome titanium i think). As a golfer I am excited about large size ball and socket giving me more turn on the ball hahahahah.

Slept 10hrs last night with no meds. Needed them this morning but I am 5 hrs into next one and little pain even after exercise set and 1 lock walk.

My new hip is a wonder.:wow:

Getting stitches out has made a great psychological difference. I am not sick or hurt anymore. :fdbk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Hyde
Recent bookmarks
Back