TKR Second Opinion Question.

Have you talked to your primary care physician? Giving you guidance and helping coordinate things like this is part of what they should be able to do.

I feel like I need a new opinion, but but not sure how to go about it. Need to see someone who sees me.
I wonder if a physiatrist might be what you need. Google that term and you’ll read about the variety of things they treat. It looks like they might look at the whole person, rather than a specific area that has an issue.

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:

My GP recommended a physiatrist (physical medicine doctor) when I was having some neck issues. I was pretty impressed with how he pinned down the issue and explained the overall problem to me. Like Jockette said, they look at how various things are interconnected . In my case, physical therapy really helped. In your case other things might be appropriate.

I have a Physiatrist for my back and he ultimately referred me to neurosurgeon for micro decompression. I have an appointment with my PCP next week and will ask her what she thinks and proceed from there. I hesitate to get too many cooks in the kitchen and hate going to appointments. My calcaneal tuberosity avulsion fracture is much less painful but I do need guidance on moving forward since everything I read about it sounds scary. I am convinced that my TKR valgus correction, recovery difficulty and now the heel are related. Just do not think it all could be coincidental. Thanks for comments and advice!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alabama girl57
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom