Saw My New OS Today - Yippee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, I can't begin to tell you what a difference using that little insert has made. I was out all day today for my lab work and bone scan and i did a lot of walking...no pain at all!

If I've suffered for a year becuase I wasn't walking properly, that's really nuts!

All because the OS wouldn't listen to me...

So happy for you Janet :th_jumpy:. Will try to call from MI soon.

xoxoxoox,
Linda.

An improvement at last, Janet. I am so pleased for you.

Janet,

I have missed your posts, and I am so happy to hear your good news! Finally! Congrats on losing the weight also. Everyone I know who has quit smoking has had a terrible time with weight, so you are amazing! I am hoping and praying that things only get better from here for you!

Update...saw the new OS again today for the results of the lab work and bone scan...everyting is normal, thank God!

He thinks the thigh pain, which is like a band that I can feel all around the mid thigh, mostly in the back, is the stem irritating the femur...jsut as I suspected.

He wants me to start pt again with his choice of therapist, someone who was already recommended to me by a doctor friend.

He really feels the scar tissue in the capsule (?) is making my thigh muscles want to turn inward, thus the tugging inward when I am sitting on a higher chair or raising my leg up onto a chair.

This doctor and my GP have been so supportive and know I am not imaginaing any of this and not poo-pooing my complaining.

There is light at the end of the tunnel after all...:smile:

Janet....I'm so glad things are getting more positive for you. Heaven knows you deserve this!!!

Great news Janet! It's about time! Please let us know how your new PT goes.

Hi Janet ~ I just noticed that you are from Marblehead. I live in Milton, just south of Boston. I had an anterior THR on January 25 at Newton Wellesley Hospital. I had a problem with my first surgeon as well. It's a long story, but I finally got a second opinion in December from Dr. Daniel Snyder at Newton Wellesley and he scheduled me that day for an "emergency" THR a month later.

He said the condition I was in was totally unacceptable, where the first surgeon a month earlier, who looked at the same x-ray Dr. Snyder did, said that it didn't look bad, but didn't look good. Huh??? I don't know what about it didn't look bad - I had necrosis, bone on bone, cysts, was in excruciating pain ... I called an attorney in Boston who told me a lawyer wouldn't take my case because there weren't enough damages as I would have had to have the THR anyway, but still it leaves me furious that Dr. #1 let it go on so long, and I went through what I believe was an unnecessary arthroscopic surgery. I should have seen someone else sooner though instead of trusting he knew what he was doing.

Anyway, I have heard of femur's fracturing during THR's and I was concerned myself going into the OR. I am so sorry you are having to deal with that pain and having to go through a possible malpractice suit as well. I highly recommend Dr. Snyder though, but it sounds like you've found someone you like. It would be a bit of a haul from Marblehead as well, but just thought I'd throw that out there. I feel for you. :th_console:

Awww, thanks Mary Jane. Yes, I feel I am finally in good hands...too bad so much suffering before the fact though.

I feel at this point I am lucky to be walking at all. It was such torture for 2 1/2 weeks when no one could find the fracture. Probably a blessing in disguise that the CNA shoved me to my op side as it finally fractured the femur through to the implant so it was visible on film.

Then the revision 3 days after it was found...a nightmare looking back. The saying goes that God doesn't give us more than we can handle is soooo true.

I am on the mend, thank you. It has been a very long and painful year. Had I found BoneSmart before the surgery I would have known a lot more of what to look for in a surgeon...shame on me for not doing more homework...

I wish you all the best in your recovery as well. Thanks for thinking of me...:flwr:.

Janet, that sounds great! I'm glad you finally found someone who is willing to work with you on this. I think it's good you're trying PT again. I've been concerned about how much of the pain you have experienced is related to atrophy, because that is painful too... in addition to everything else you have to deal with.

I hope you don't mind me derailing your thread a little, but I finally found a picture of our favorite stretch. Look!

awww.therunningadvisor.com_images_itbstretch.jpg

Thanks Alex...yes, that is my favorite for sure.

I am excited about starting pt again. This new therapist comes highly recommended by my new OS and my thyroid doc who uses him himself.

I think I needed to heal some more when I was going to Mary. I am just now able to go up and down stairs lke a normal person, though it is still a struggle.

I firmly believe I needed the full year to recuperate since suffering the fracture. My thigh is still troublesome with the stem pain, but I'm hopeful that the more "normal" I become that it will dissipate. You may be right on about the atrophy causing it as well...

Hope you are well, Alex. Keep us posted. Any date yet for your next surgery? Thanks again for all the help and hope you gave to me. Best!

I'm just glad I finally found a picture of that stretch. I'm not as good as explaining these things as you are. :thmb:

I firmly believe I needed the full year to recuperate since suffering the fracture.

Just give yourself all the time you need. I am still seeing progress... though very slowly at this point. I think improvement can keep happening for a long, long time.

Hope you are well, Alex. Keep us posted. Any date yet for your next surgery? Thanks again for all the help and hope you gave to me. Best!

I'm doing well. We got some good weather in the last few weeks, so I've been biking a lot and gardening. I have a follow up with the surgeon in six weeks. I'm not really looking forward to that, just because I don't think we communicate well.

I'm not sure what you mean about my next surgery???? Unless you know something I don't, I'm done with surgery for a long, long time. :th_yahoo:

Oh! In one of my whining posts I mentioned hoping I wasn't facing another surgery and you said that you knew that you were...:pzld:.

Perhaps I misunderstood...:th_skeptical:

Well, in any event, I'm glad YOU ARE NOT facing another surgery! You sound really great Alex! Best to you and thanks for all your help, past, present and future :smile:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom