THR RTHR on Nov 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey surgery buddy, it's good to hear from you! That's great news on your weightbearing. Even though I was fortunate enough to be wb right away, it takes time for that tenderness to resolve itself. I still get some achiness and discomfort. I also started back to work this last week (my very sedintary job - by no means anywhere close to what you do my friend.. I had to still use my cane as it just gets tired and achy yet as the day goes on. I still do icing and am taking my anti-inflammatories and tylenol with muscle relaxers. It's one of those things that just takes time. My doc said I could have good days/bad days up to the 3 month mark or so, especially if there's any overdoing it and general increased activity at this stage.

Keep your chin up as we need to celebrate and count every milestone! It sounds like you're really paying attention to how your hip is feeling which is a good thing. It keeps you from the overdoing things which means you are minimizing any chance for setback.

I hope you and your family have a great new years and keep us posted after your appointment.

Hello all
I saw my surgeon yesterday and he is very pleased with my progress as well as the improvement of moblility of the hip. I am now using one crutch with little pain once so ever. I see him again in three months by then I should be back to 100 %.

Tim that's great news. Glad to hear your getting around much better after that serious shark bite! My doc also said that the 3 month mark should be where we're getting along quite well and should have good unaided mobility by then if there weren't any complications.

:cheers:

Hello all I haven`t been on in awhile so I figured I would give an update. I am using a cane when I am doing alot of walking and when I first get up from sitting due to stiffness. Today I spent a good part of the day cleaning up from snow storm Nemo and my hip feels great after shoveling and snow blowing. I am still limping a bit and hope that goes away soon.
Hope everyone is well, Tim

Tim, have things gotten a little better? You were getting your new hip broken in with the snow. Have you been back to work at all taking on any lighter jobs? Hope all is well and improving buddy!

Reading the above posts make me feel better. I am 6 weeks post op and still using my cane. I can walk a little without it, but my walk has a limp and I tire more quickly. Although only one hip replaced, I thought I, too, would be walking unassisted by now. I watched a surgery video and that seemed to put things in perspective!

Mbone the more you read here the more you realize that you cannot compare your recovery to anyone else's because there are so many factors involved. First everyone heals at a different rate. Then there is approach, complications, surgeon expertise, etc. I saw a larger than expected difference when I compared where I was at 6 weeks and when I was at 12 weeks. You're at the point where the milestines get harder to recognize but they are there none the less. Sharonslp reminded me to look at what I can do rather than what I couldn't do and it changed my whole perspective.

It gets better every day, week, and month. You're doing just fine. Remember to push to find your limit but don't go over and stay there. Otherwise you won't know where the line is and it then let's you know where to stop. If it's hard to do one day, come back to it a few days later and you might surprise yourself! We all have those moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Exocoetidae
Recent bookmarks