Bilateral TKR Recovering from BTKR

I had PT earlier and he pushes my knees to force a range of motion. I feel awful right niw
Stop letting your PT push your knee. It is not helping you. You have the right to say what you will allow him to do and what he can’t do. It’s your knee, not his.

And you are navigating this site just fine! :thumb:

@Bucky1111
I had my right knee replacement on 28th October so you are just in front of me .
I am in the UK and physio is only once every two weeks for me at present. When I went last week I was shocked how therapist pushed my knee so it nearly went in my bottom!
I grimaced and jumped but carried on doing all other things asked of me. Later that afternoon I wanted to cry with the pain. I was furious and frightened that I would be going back to square one.
I took opioid meds for first time in weeks and the highest dose possible!
Luckily I did feel ok the next day but I certainly will be telling them at my next appointment.
I'm not going through that again.. they can whistle. I am sure I couldn't get my leg in the position it was pushed too even in my twenties let alone after surgery and in my sixties!
Again I slept from about 3am after doing both the pre - and post midnight shuffle.
How I want to eat one of those CBD gummies that I am now hiding in my old handbag in the wardrobe ( cost me a fortune, never told hubby now found out meds I am on don't mix with them) I find myself chomping sugar free hard boiled sweets and taking my lack of sleep out on them!
As I say my physio will be being told how much pain they left me in next time we meet because I really don't mind hard work to get through this but feel I have been through enough pain now.
Take care you

And believe me the HULK has nothing on me when I am suffering sleep deprivation!

Oops what am I saying you are just in front of me... Just seen the B in front of your KR!
You had both done! Blimey I feel embarrassed about having ranted on now. I can't imagine how bad getting to sleep is for you and other Bs before knees! And I don't know how you stand up and walk with all those pillows you must thrown out of bed either!
My best wishes and full respect to you

I’m definitely going to ask my PT why he thinks that forcing my knee back is the best way to go
That PT is way behind in training in rehabbing a joint replacement. Just look at what has to heal inside your knee: Closing stitches. Look at all these layers of stitches you have. What happens when that therapist pushes your knee past where it is ready to be pushed? Those knitting together tissues are being pulled against all those stitches. Some of those tissues probably even tear some. That leads to inflammation which leads to pain and swelling. That swelling, along with your pain, is keeping your knee from bending more than it can.

I am in awe of all of you bilaterals. I just can’t imagine having two healing at same time. My first PKR in 2016 was also a long and painful recovery and this one so far is following the same path. Glad that mine weren’t both ready for surgery at same time I guess.
You are all so brave and patient!

I haven’t been able to sleep all night. Major contractions in both knees and now lower back pain

I am in awe of all of you bilaterals. I just can’t imagine having two healing at same time. My first PKR in 2016 was also a long and painful recovery and this one so far is following the same path. Glad that mine weren’t both ready for surgery at same time I guess.
You are all so brave and patient!

Bucky, I am so sorry you are hurting so badly! Please continue to post and feel free to vent, scream, cry. We care about you & we understand. You bilateral folks are brave, strong, and an inspiration. I am getting ready for round 2 December 10th. I am not looking forward to the pain.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
frankie12167
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom