THR Psoasis Relief

@Jws. Jo is away from the forum for a while so she likely will not see your tag before your surgery. Please let me or any of our staff know if you have specific concerns between now and then. We'll be here for you.

@Jws. :wave:
Research, common sense, self awareness, due diligence and the like...soothing to our academic spirit...but still boils down to a leap of faith, right?
You are in great hands and have your talents to thank for your choices...so try to chill and think positively. :yes:
Time to get your life back.
Happy to hear you decided to go for it.
Wishing you the best outcome.:ok:
Oh yes, and a sincere prayer.

stay with me until the end of the 9th inning..and say a small prayer (maybe a big prayer would be better)..

Will do.
Wishing you the best...it's finally time to move forward.
We'll look forward to a :thumb: once it's all behind you.
@Jws.

Psoas Release/Tenotomy Surgery tomorrow....Wish me well!!

Finally bit the bullet...having the surgery at 6:30 am...tomorrow morning...general...about 1 hour...
Just took my sleeping pill....I hope and pray this brings me relief from this 15 months of frustration and pure nightmare!...

Thank you all for being there...as Jo would say " no problem ..it's a nothing surgery..just like having a dental crown done!....Right now I am not inclined to believe that...a little to anxious..

Ok see you all on the other side....thanks for being there again to listen to my bemoaning my hip for 16 months now.....may you all end up with "forgotten hips"....

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got this, @Jws.
Sending all the best Mojo your way.:friends:

Best wishes!
I'll bet it's smooth sailing after this :egypdance:
Let us know how you're doing when when you're feeling up to it.
@Jws.

@jws Best wishes for your big day tomorrow! If Jo said it's not a big deal then it shouldn't be! Like you said, you've done your due diligence, so now it's.... show time!
There's a lot of us that will be waiting to hear your update. :)

Last edited:
Best wishes - you and your surgeon will do well and you'll soon be kicking yourself for not doing this sooner!

Best of luck to you tomorrow. I'll be watching to see your first post-op message here. You may not hear from Jo, as she is away from the forum right now preparing for her own surgery in a couple of weeks - a knee revision. I'll send you a PM with a BoneSmart email address where you could write her and wish her well in her surgery if you'd like to.

@Josephine @SaraK
aches and pains from surgery...cant tell yet if it cleared up the prior pain...seems like catching and groin pain gone..haven't taken the percocet..(maybe i should stay ahead of the pain)...have to take large bandages off today and put on waterproof bandages ,shower and then put on plain bandaids...want me to use stationary bike 20 min w/o resistance ( seems like waste but i will do it.."motion is lotion")...they gave me walker, (i can walk w/o walker..just some pain and stiffness)..icing 50 min at a time..in more pain than just psoas cuz i had them do a trocanteric bursectomy as well as the psoas release ..so not as cut and dry..also i have positional apnea so cant sleep on my back so tried sleeping on side of oper. leg doable but maybe more painful when i get up..lot to do and figure out only first day..

:fingersx: Fingers crossed this was the ticket.
Keep us posted and have a nice weekend!
@Jws.

I'm glad to hear you're on this side of the surgery. Are you home now or staying somewhere near the hospital?

Please don't try to endure any pain and discomfort you're having. Take your pain meds and stay ahead of it all. This helps you recover better as it will reduce inflammation in those angry tissues. I'm glad to hear you are icing...keep that up as well.

The stationary bike is exactly what you said....a means to provide gentle movement for your joint and soft tissues in these early days of healing. Remember, you are NOT trying to build any strength.

You had a lot of tissue manipulation and some pain for a while is to be expected. Just be sure you don't overdo any work on the bicycle and stop it if you find it causes increased pain or swelling. I feel like starting out with 20 minutes is way too much. You might want to begin with 2 5-minute sessions a day and work up to one 20-minute session over the next few days or a week. As long as you are walking about every hour or so for a few minutes you are getting movement.

I also encourage you to use your walker in these first few days and possibly even weeks until you are walking completely without a limp and at a normal pace with it. This is what allows your body to heal properly and resume your normal gait. There is no merit badge given for ditching your walking aids early! :heehee:

How are things going 1 week post surgery? Hopefully you're getting a better feel for the success of the surgery even though full recovery/rehab will take a while!

Yes @Jws. :wave:
Do hope things are going well and that you have a nice Labor Day Weekend. (No Labor, however...):wink:

Hope to hear all is going well since the procedure.
Drop us an update when you have the time.
Enjoy the holiday weekend!
@Jws.

well...it's been seven days post -op and I am not exactly free wheeling walking like I hoped..(second day was much better for some reason)...don't want to go into that dark place of a "miss and a strike" and nothing is healed..but still have trouble walking and ROM (mainly from the bursectomy, surgical pain and possibly the sutures that will be coming out tomorrow.).
The weakness in my leg is definitely almost gone..can lift leg and get in and out of cars ..(that happened on the second day as sarak said it would..it resolved really quick)...
Is it possible the sutures themselves are holding my hip tight ? also notice that "extra" padding in my groin/thigh at various times after walking (probably swelling)..
have gone to pt 3x ..not much to talk about ..glutes,bridges, elastic sidewalk..
hopefully, see pa tomorrow to remove stitches and maybe that will hit the spot and let the real healing begin (so I can freely walk without pain--definitely not there YET and DEFINITELY disappointing.
@Josephine @SaraK
will post after sutures out...best..jws

@Jws. Are you icing your op leg? All that swelling is what is making the leg feel tight. Icing for 45-60 minutes several times per day will help ease this.
have gone to pt 3x ..not much to talk about ..glutes,bridges, elastic sidewalk..
Hmmm... sounds like far too much exercise for healing. You are not in training. Why not take a break and let that area heal?

Please note that Josephine is away from the forum now for an extended period as she prepares for her own revision surgery.

Keep in mind that your procedure was different than mine because of creating a channel in the bone. I suspect that could cause more pain and swelling than what I had done. Check with the PA and do keep icing. If it's the bone, that should go away and you're already seeing the benefit from the psoas release. Give the bone time to catch up!

Last edited:
Just read your post on another thread. It's heartwarming to see how well you're doing after all of the misery you've experienced. It's been a long haul, but it seems the procedure was indeed a success and you're finally on your way. Wonderful news. Also...very thoughtful of you to reach out to Sunnysept.
A great week to you!
@Jws.

So glad to see your post - you might copy over here for others who might read your thread now or later.

I was just thinking about you yesterday and thinking I should check in on you. I'm so glad you're doing so much better (and starting to see the good side of what you've accomplished and not being impatient because the results weren't all immediate!

Keep up the work and it will continue getting better!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom