Pre-registration - pre-op class

Status
Not open for further replies.
@newlybionic. Thank you for your kind comments. Following your recovery has been a great inspiration to me.

Dorothy

I just want to weigh in on pre op, I also pre registered on line but went to the hospital also, they actually did blood typing in case I needed a transfusion, I didn't but it's good to be prepared just in case, they also gave me a tour of where to report to on surgery date, and where my family would wait, they gave a special soap I had to bath with the evening before and morning of the surgery. A hospital concierge was assigned to me in case I had any questions in the days prior to surgery, or if I had concerns during hospital stay, my family could also contact this person for updates during surgery.

I thought it was very beneficial!!

@turtle68 i like your way of positive thinking. Ok, how about after this..... I will be able to enjoy playing with my grandchildren, I will ENJOY shopping again, I will enjoy the simple pleasure of going for a walk on a cool day, and I will feel blessed to be able to help others who are also on this journey. Thanks for helping me focus on the positives to come!

Thanks everyone. You are all so sweet to take the time to help. I go for the pre-surgery meeting at the hospital tomorrow morning. Six more sleeps!
Good night all.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Thanks everyone. You are all so sweet to take the time to help. I go for the pre-surgery meeting at the hospital tomorrow morning. Six more sleeps!
Good night all.

Best wishes to you! I just scheduled my TKR this morning—for next Tuesday! wow. I just can't wait to be able to live again.

I had to comment on your "sleeps." That's what I would say to my daughter when she was little ("five more sleeps to Santa!!!") and reading your comment made me smile.

Went to the pre-op session at the hospital. It was scheduled for 8:45. Went to registration then to pre-surgery registration where I had my nostrils swabbed for MRSA and given the special soap to use. Off to the lab for blood typing and then to the class. The class took about two hours. A nurse went through everything and a PT came in and also went over everything. It probably wouldn't have took so long if everyone in there had discovered bone smart. ;) Good thing they had muffins, fruit, coffee and juice.

So I guess that's it. I'm all set to go now. 5 more sleeps!

You're ready to go. We are all here with you for anything you need.

Thank you so much. I feel much better after meeting some of the hospital staff. :)

I know I was very impressed with the combination of friendliness and professionalism of the hospital staff who got me ready for the surgery on the day. It really made me feel less nervous.

Does anyone have experience with sciatic nerve pain? I have it in the same side the my TKR will be and now worried how to handle it.

Currently, it wakes me about three times a night at which time (literally a pain in the butt) I have to sit up and put weight on my leg before it stops. I just can't imagine dealing with this after surgery.

Thanks in advance. Tomorrows the big day.

Diane

I had sciatic nerve pain many years ago. I picked up something heavy and felt a snap in my back. After that I developed sciatic pain in my right leg. It gave me problems for a long time but finally went away on its own. At the time I didn't seek medical help because it was one of those periods when I was without health insurance. So I know it can go away on its own over time, but it's very miserable when you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015