Post Op Blues - Getting fed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu

Hi everyone! I had my first TKR on August 28th and everthing has gone really well. I had a 115 ROM at 4 weeks and at 5 1/2 weeks was walking without any aid. I have had the sleeping issues like a lot of people but at 8 weeks without any warning I get very down. I had the weepyness etc the first couple of weeks but at 8 weeks I just don't understand it. How long does this last?The only pain meds I take are tylenol ES at night. I am out doing things, back to my hobbies and in general doing great, except that at least once a week I get very down and I don't know why. Has anyone else experienced this 8 weeks out and how long should I expect it to last. BTW I am off to the Orthopedic Dr. tomorrow to get the date for my other TKR (right knee).

Hello, Lulu and welcome to BoneSmart. Yes, post-op blues can become rather a nuisance if it's allowed to get a hold of you. I do suggest you talk with your GP about it and maybe have a short course of anti-depressants to cut it short.

Hi Lulu, welcome to BoneSmart. So sorry you are feeling those post op blues. It happens - just roll with it for now. Here's a thread from the Library all about it Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it. Take care and come back and talk when you can.

Hi Lulu, I had my first TKR on August 23, 2012 about a week ahead of you. I am getting along great right now, but about 2 weeks ago I experienced a case of post-op blues. I cried on and off all day for about a week or so. It was not a very good feeling and I tried everything I could think of to get control, but it just wouldn't happen. I kept reading other's posts and eventually the feeling left. It wants to spring in on me every now and then, but so far, so good. Hang in there sweetie. Things will get better for all of us who go through this. Heads Up!!
Hugs......:SUNsmile:

I'm into week 9 post op and I cry at the drop of a hat!

Oh, my goodness, I broke out in tears one morning for no reason too. Did it more than once. Josephine soon set my mind at ease and let me know that it is very, very, common, and not to feel like I was loosing my mind!! It comes with the recovery. Hang in sweetie.. It will get better. :)

I am very emotional. I try not to let it get me down. I like you have my days.

Sorry you are feeling down.

Hi Lulu...Hope you are feeling better today. Keep us posted...:)

Oh goodness I have gotten that too. It kinda comes and goes. Thank goodness for the articles they had given me, so that I knew it was normal for us TKR's. I remember one day just sobbing upstairs (hiding it from hubby), and I just kept telling myself everyone goes thru this, and its normal. I am 8 weeks today, and today has been a very anxious day for me. Had to give in and take some meds, and thank goodness it helped. Hugs!

Mine comes and goes too ya'll. Not as bad now though as it was a couple of weeks ago. Awful feeling to have. My poor husband tried to make me laugh and comfort me but to no avail...Seems some days it is hovering over me and waiting to pounce. I just keep praying and hope that it doesn't. Hang in there sweeties...Hugs to us all!!!

Hi Lulu

I think having a joint replacement seems to change us in many ways and the post op blues seem to hang around, just coming and going. Some days worse than others. It does improve, becoming less and less...

I have had a RTHR 11 months ago and still get the dips, I find that any little 'event' as I call them, like straining a muscle, ligament, stretching to hang washing.. suddenly can send me off thinking why do I feel 'off'...

Hang in there, recovery will be ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JWS
Recent bookmarks