THR Pain in groin area after 13 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacelily

Had right hip replaced 12/19/11, went thru therapy and recovery & by April I was feeling good - no pain, able to sleep on both sides, continuing strengthening of muscles, etc. Middle of August I started wearing a more supportive shoe due to some foot pain, and within a couple of weeks I first got a pain in my right knee, within 2 weeks was feeling pain & stiffness in my hip. Xrays say prothesis is good. Doc says I have problems in my knee and pain in hip was transferring from knee, had cortisone shot, helped some but not all the way, am having further knee treatments (if insurance ever comes through), but I still feel I'm having a problem in hip as well. My pain is in my groin area, and my hip won't bend, even as much as it was in August, and it's hard to lift my leg to get into the car, I can't reach my foot and I have a constant ache - not as bad as before surgery, of course, but it often wakes me up at night. If I'm going to live with this I can get used to it, but why was I good for 4½ months? Any similar experiences?

Hi Peacelily. I'm going to tag Josephine to respond to this. I suspect she'll want to know about your daily activity level. It's always annoying to have yet another ache or pain and have no real sense of what is causing it or what to do about it. Let's see what she says.

Sharon

Hi peacelilly. That's a shame you have problems are being so good. Do you know what kind of prosthesis you had? Was it metal on plastic, ceramic on ceramic/plastic or metal on metal?

I found this and I was wondering how you are doing? I know there are times when you are overwhelmed. But take one step and then another and it does work out. Do take care. Tashia

tashia It looks like Peacelily hasn't been back on the forum since she posted.

Peacelily. I do hope everything has sorted itself out. But if not, and you see this, let us know what is happening. We like to help, and we like happy endings even better.

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Salvo12
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom