TKR off to the chelsea and westminster

Foxmyster1967

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
im off to the chelsea and westminster hospital on the 08/02/2024 for a look at my left knee. i had a RTKR in 2014 now the left is knackard!! thing is i spend a lot of timein spain, soim flying back to Blighty on Sunday then back asap after the appointment. if i do need a tkr, ive been told i cant fly for 6 weeks......is this true... i no about the risk of blood clots but its only a two and a half hour flight?? or i may get a friend to drive me back 4 days in the back of a landrover ?? your thoughts please.thanks ❤️

@Foxmyster1967 Yes, flying for any length of time just post op is not wise. The risk of blood clots is high post op. You will probably be on blood thinning medication.

Driving back would be an option. But you will need to stop frequently to stretch your legs. Sitting for long periods of time is hard on a new knee.

@Foxmyster1967 Yes, flying for any length of time just post op is not wise. The risk of blood clots is high post op. You will probably be on blood thinning medication.

Driving back would be an option. But you will need to stop frequently to stretch your legs. Sitting for long periods of time is hard on a new knee.
i would layin the back i think with my leg elevated??

In addition to the leg elevated, you'd need a cooler of ice packs and would want to stop at every hour or so to stand and walk a couple of minutes.

I had to attend post op visits an hour from home three days post op and three weeks post op. It was most unpleasant! You're going to have to plan ahead for where and how you'll receive your post op care.

spoke to my surgeon and he told me, two weeks in england after the LPKR, just to male sure theres no infection and i can fly back to spain....just have some paracetamol and the rest can be done over facetime? im very pleased with that... its the same surgeon who fixed my RTKR... top man.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
dkhip1
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom