• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

New member having a Lt TKR 15th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazz

Hi I am a 58 year old having a LTKR on the 15th of March. I have read lots of posts and I am aware that this is not an easy journey.

My knee has been bad for the last five years so looking forward to walking normally.

What do you take to wear in hospital.???

Re: New member

Hi, Mazz, welcome to BoneSmart.

I'll not answer a question on what to wear, if that's OK, the BoneSmart ladies will be here soon enough.

Wuss! You could at least have given her the link to the thread! :th_heehee:

The Comprehensive list of useful items and tips for hospital and recovery

Mazz, welcome to BoneSmart! Which hospital/surgeon is doing your surgery for you?

It's actually not really as bad as is sometimes made out. I think our friends from across the pond make much of it with excessive physio and all but Roy could have told you as I am going to tell you, that if you adopt the 'nice and easy does it' routine as we did, it pretty much does itself. Sometimes we just need to remember not to get in the way but let the body do its thing with healing and recovery.

Roy's recovery thread is worth a read one page diary summary as is mine My knee recovery - UK style

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member