My date for right hip replacement is Nov. 14th..so nervous!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello HHH! I'm scheduled the week before you. Nice to see another November here. We can be nervous together. Hang in there. Tell me a little about yourself.
D.

Hi Damn, I am hanging in there. I started having hip problems about two years ago. I have had stem cells (my own) implanted in my hip twice this year. The first time I received some relief but it was short lived when I was injured in PT, so I had it done again, but second time was not a charm. As much as I wanted it to work to avoid surgery it didn't happen. I have bone on bone, but the pain is not like it probably would be if I hadn't had the stem cells. I think they helped some...but just not enough. :)

Well, hardly surprising the stem cells didn't work - generally they only work if the damage is slight. If you were bone on bone, then it's highly unlikely they would be able to repair that much damage.

Anyway, past is past and now you're going to have a nice shiny new hip! Don't worry about being nervous, it's perfectly normal. I'd be more worried about you if you weren't nervous!

Hi HHH! My THR is also the week before yours. I am both excited and nervous, so as Damn! says, we can all be nervous together. Feel free to ask any questions if you have specific things you are nervous about. The folks here have lots of great knowledge to share ....and knowledge can often help calm the nerves.

-nerdgrrl

I am new to the forum but I feel better already. There is strength in numbers so I am glad I am not alone.
I will be on the site often to ask questions and get much needed support. I thank you and Damn for caring!

hip hip,

Welcome to the Nervous Nellies November Nimbles... We're all a bit anxious, but as Jo says, she'd be worried if we weren't. I'm just a couple days before you. 4 weeks, 4 days, and a wake up...

The BoneSmart folks are just awesome (both Angels and Hippies as AussieMike says)!

dede62

Love that count down dede. I have 3 weeks, 4 days, and a wake up! Can not wait to put this behind me.

The anxiety of your "first" joint replacement is the worst ! I know exactly how all of you feel. We all have a preset "fear" that we wake up from surgery and the replaced joint now doesn't work, or there was major negative complications. Nothing we can say will truly make you feel at ease, all I can say is you made the right choice, stay the course, and you will be SO relieved as soon as you hear your doctors' calming words "Your surgery went excellent" . I am in my 2nd week of post op recovery and I feel great ! (both mentally and physically)

Road Clam hit the nail on the head. The preset fears you stated were like you were reading my mind. It is very encouraging to hear how you are doing after two weeks. Are there anythings I can do after the surgery (RHRP) to make my adjustment easier (Both mentally and physically)?:)

Hi Bellaroma,
Good to know I am not by myself.:) Have you had your procedure yet? If yes, what can I expect?

Hi HHH
I have mine on the 26th of this month so antsys are getting up there. Use the site to help you, it not only provides support but valuable tips and tricks to get ready

I'm very nervous and scared, too, guys. I've put this off for three years and tried the cortisone shots and the glucosamine/chondroitin and whatever else non-surgical. I dread the "surgery", since it will be my first ever, but am ready for the surgery to end the pain. I also hope to stop limping like Chester on the old Gunsmoke TV show. I keep telling my girlfriend I can't wait to wake up after the procedure, realize I didn't die and start the rehab process. Git 'er done!

Hu guys, I'm with ya, my bilateral on nov 9. No prior symptons, till my divorce. Inflammation, stress, wow do you believe it? I'm a trainer, good shape and it ignited like a forest fire. Progressed over one year, only and xrays revealed severe arthritis in both hips... so... here I am. So looking forward to no pain and freedom of movement again!!!

Mine THR is this coming Monday (10/22). I'm at the point where I just want to get it over with.

Smittyd
You made me smile with the reference to Chester, I think of that too, but he could walk alot faster than us, soon we will be walking straight like Dillon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Denton1224
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom