RadioGal
junior member
"...excellent information on tibial tray overhand impinging on soft tissue, especially the IT band."
Wow, @Knees4Me, I think I might just have found the reason for the biggest issue I'm facing with my knee! I have never heard of this, but as soon as I read your thread my mind went, bingo!! I'm not trying to analyze my own condition, I mean, what do I know? BUT the pain you describe sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing on the lower outside of my TKR knee. I move, it grinds (best way to describe it) and produces extreme pain. I try to walk normal, bending the knee in my gait just to have it grind again, extreme pain. Pretty much every movement involving bending, standing, sitting or lying on my back, produces this pain in just this one area. And it feels like something in there is hitting/rubbing against soft tissue. It's excruciating!
I have thought this might be swelling related at first, that in time it would get better, but now you got me thinking. BTW, it's only gotten worse, as you said.
@Josephine I need to know where is this excellent info on "tibial tray overhang?" I think I need to read up on this. Thank you.
Wow, @Knees4Me, I think I might just have found the reason for the biggest issue I'm facing with my knee! I have never heard of this, but as soon as I read your thread my mind went, bingo!! I'm not trying to analyze my own condition, I mean, what do I know? BUT the pain you describe sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing on the lower outside of my TKR knee. I move, it grinds (best way to describe it) and produces extreme pain. I try to walk normal, bending the knee in my gait just to have it grind again, extreme pain. Pretty much every movement involving bending, standing, sitting or lying on my back, produces this pain in just this one area. And it feels like something in there is hitting/rubbing against soft tissue. It's excruciating!
I have thought this might be swelling related at first, that in time it would get better, but now you got me thinking. BTW, it's only gotten worse, as you said.
@Josephine I need to know where is this excellent info on "tibial tray overhang?" I think I need to read up on this. Thank you.
United States