Revision TKR May 7, 2024. Left knee revision

DonJorge

Country
United States United States
May 7, 2024. Left knee revision. After putting it off and off and off as always the pain and immobility finally force one to go in and get er done. Believe I have found a very competent surgeon to do this revision which is more than just another knee replacement surgery. Surgeon is not sure if we are going with "regular" hardware or a hinged knee prosthesis but all options will be on the surgical table.

Eleven and a half years since the left knee was originally replaced and we have known it was failing for almost 5 years. Imaging including a bone scan told us it was loosening but there was no infection so I just waited knowing the body eventually tells one, "Now numb nuts, get er done!"

Six months ago I stopped walking for any long distances meaning no more walks on the beach with my wife. It is a precious daily ritual gone. Two months ago I had to quit doing leg strengthening exercises. Time to do it.
Surgeon says we are almost certain to use a MUA as protocol.

I loved using this forum when I had my two knees replaced 10 and half years ago. I believe in healing first and PT deferring to healing. Surgeon agrees and he knows when it is time to get aggressive in the PT I will do so.

Cheers!

@DonJorge I’m sorry to hear you need a revision. Best wishes for a successful surgery!

Your signature says you had a Right TKR July 24, 2013. Is this correct? If it is, was the left knee done the same year?

I‘ve moved your post above out of the Monthly team thread as we reserve that thread for surgery date information, and so members can see who else has surgery the same month. We prefer all other comments and discussion to take place in a pre op or recovery thread, such as this one. Enjoy interacting with others who are on the same journey, here in this thread. :flwrysmile:

Hello and Welcome back!
I loved using this forum when I had my two knees replaced 10 and half years ago.
We appreciate that and hope you'll join us on the healing side after your May 7th revision and any time between now and then...we're here for you. Lots of comfort to you!

@DonJorge I’m sorry to hear you need a revision. Best wishes for a successful surgery!

Your signature says you had a Right TKR July 24, 2013. Is this correct? If it is, was the left knee done the same year?

I‘ve moved your post above out of the Monthly team thread as we reserve that thread for surgery date information, and so members can see who else has surgery the same month. We prefer all other comments and discussion to take place in a pre op or recovery thread, such as this one. Enjoy interacting with others who are on the same journey, here in this thread. :flwrysmile:
Left knee was done in November of 2013. It was great for first 5 years. Then it wasn't. May 7 2024 lets fix it!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Air185
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom