I'll have the anti-anxiety meds for $200 please, Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jamie, I would never have have thought the Crocs would slip, so thanks. I'm outta time, @jeano, thanks. I don't even know if we get a shower in the hospital!

I had to drop paperwork off at the hospital and so I had my first mental status exam, or sort of a mini-Folstein, for the Alzheimer's research. I flunked.

I was hoping to do more worrying the two days before surgery, but it's not to be. Our grandson, Mr. Virus turned into Mr. Ear Infection. I had him this afternoon and will have him most of tomorrow. I'll be watching truck videos, playing with trucks, etc.

The house is a wreck, shopping didn't get done, and you know what? It will all get done eventually.

Great attitude, @Jane B. ! Our new line from the Frozen movie is "Let it Go" (song from the movie for those non- Disney folks)- doesn't do any good to stress over what you can't fix! By the way, my hubby wears the Bistro Crocs (he loves the orange Mario Batali ones) and they have a slip resistant tread. He's worn them in the rain, but not the shower!

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll all see you on the other side!

Thanks, @jeano. We are planning a 10 p.m. NPO family Dove Bar Party tonight.

I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 11 a.m., and will probably have surgery around 1 p.m. I've been busy with Mr. Ear Infection, who is sleeping sweetly next to me, but I am still a little anxious. Not too much.

Today was the first time I've had a professional dog walker. The dachshunds are flat out on the floor. She's fast! The golden-doodle, was like, "Yeah, that was better than Grandma." D-dogs have a vet visit this afternoon. Our daughter is coming over to watch Mr. Ear Infection.

I would never have have thought the Crocs would slip, so thanks.
Yeah, I can speak from experience here. I was zipping around the house in my bright red Crocs packing to go to the lake. I didn't realize that one of our plant pots had overflowed and put a thin coating of water on the white sheet vinyl. Zip.....slip.....wham.....bam.....I landed on my rear end on the floor and knocked my head on the door frame to the kitchen. Saw stars!!! Lesson learned about Crocs and water!!!

Waiting to go to the hospital. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Did all the NPO like a good patient, slept pretty well, now we just have to go do this thing.

See you Guys, on the other forum, and good luck to all the September folks.

Make sure hubby is poised to sprint to Starbucks as soon as you can swallow! First sip of post-op coffee=nirvana. Good luck today.

best Wishes for today, speedy recovery. All healing from now on!:flwrysmile:

Thinking of you @jeano! As I type this it will be all over and you're on your way to recovery! Yippee!

What I learned from my stay in the hospital is that I brought too much clothing. I worried about shower shoes, and there wasn't a shower in our room, and I won't be taking one until Monday. I'd bring two changes of clothes, next time. The nurses loved the Fresh Produce dress that I brought as a night gown. It was bright, cheerful, and modest. I'd also bring more wipes for sponge baths.

sample of a similar dress: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Fres...eless-Shift-Dress-100-Cotton-XL-/171449618659

I loved having a down pillow (TJ MAXX, $13) and staff remarked on it. I also brought a down throw, we get them from Overstock (cheap) and have them all over the house. Loved curling up under that.

Travel light and make it easy to find things. I never found my hair elastics.

What I did really wrong was I sat right down in the wheel chair for transport out of the hospital. I forgot to put my leg out straight. I won't forget again. Not ever.

All the chairs and sofas at home are too low, and it hurts getting in and out. I have to figure that out.

Jane, do you have some "hard" chairs with arms like dining room furniture or an adjustable office chair you could sit in for a while? The arms work to help you get up and they are usually easier to sit in than the softer upholstered furniture.

Or....you can put a foam piece in the seat of an upholstered chair or couch to elevate the sitting area. Or....have someone put the chair up on sturdy blocks for a while.

Just keep in mind that this is a temporary problem and soon you'll be able to lift yourself from those comfortable chairs.

My hubby screwed together a frame out it 2x6 lumber to go under the recliner. I kept it there nearly 3 months. I'll see if I can get a picture.

My couch was up on blocks of wood for months after my surgery and I loved it. Helped so much..

Where are you on the recovery side? Did you make a new thread or keep this one because I don't see you over there.:)

@scaredinCA, my recovery thread is Jane B's new knees. I wanted to post on this side things about supplies that I thought might be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting
Recent bookmarks
Back