THR I am the Storm

@lanstan They took it out today. YAY!
So now I'm on oral tablets but I didn't drive all the way home to take it the first time...
oh no, no, no! I went from the infusion place back to my second home...I mean the hospital, lol....and took it while sitting in my pickup outside. At the first sign of any kind of allergic reaction I hoped I had enough time to jump out of my truck before I passed out. After that last fiasco I wanted to be as close as possible to the ER.

Dr said the bacteria really resistant and dug deep into my implant, so he's thinking another 6 months on antibiotics.

Anyway, I'm home and all is well!
I do have a question I'd like to ask you about sharp pains in my arm now but it's got nothing to do with my hip recovery so I'll talk at ya about it privately.

Thank you so much!!!

Hello my fellow hippies! Woke up feeling incredible so I got in the pickup and made the rounds to all my favorite thrift stores looking for something special. I love visiting the Trading Post in Oracle, lots of art, antiques and retro kitchenware. I haven't been able to walk about the store in a long time, and today I noticed interesting new items. Someone donated a huge collection of 45 singles to the store and I pulled one out of a pile to see what it was.
Out of hundreds of other 45s spread across the back room, the record I picked was none other than Gonna Fly Now', the motion picture score to the original Rocky movie by Bill Conti, released in 1976.
'Trying hard now
It's so hard now
Trying hard now'

Getting strong now
Won't be long now
Getting strong now...

Call me superstitious, but I felt a little rush knowing that the universe just gave me a nod, letting me know it was time to carry on.

Sounds amazing danelady! Isn't it a great feeling to resume some of your favorite activities.
You know I'm wishing you happy healing and nothing but good wishes.
You will fly, I'm sure of it.

@myglasshalffull Oh thank you! As the year drug on so slowly I felt like I'd aged 20 years. These last few days of my body not constantly fighting me, I truly feel like I've gained a few years back!

Earlier I was going thru another woman's posts and I knew exactly what she was going through. All the plans for my retirement were pulled out from under me before I could utter Lost Dutchman Mine. This woman and her husband made plans for their retirement but didn't think it would be possible now.

I'll be rootin' for her to pull thru no matter what and enjoy the years they have ahead of them!

Well, I'm about to head out....
I FEEL FREE!!!!

I'm happy to read you're feeling so much better!
I will admit I still worry about you given all you've been through over the past year. I am assuming you didn't feel any after effects of yesterdays activity. I guess my concern is that your body has been through so much trauma over the past year and it's not yet healed and won't be for some time. While you can't be expected to stay home resting everyday, I do hope you'll take the activity slow and see what your body can handle at this point. I hope you have a nice day, danelady!
@danelady

On the floor crying my eyes out. As I was getting out of my chair the unthinkable happened: dislocation #5. I went down to the floor fast, throwing myself onto my right knee to keep from falling left onto the dislocated hip. I couldn't stay on my right knee too long so just grit my teeth and brought my upper body to the floor as well. OWW! Now I have that locking ring in there. I had to slide across the room to get to the phone. I better not forget my oral antibiotics in case I don't come home from the hospital tonight. I jokingly said recently I paid the ambulance bills first, ya never know when you might need them again, lol.
I better make the call.

@danelady Noooooooo! This is just not fair! Hope you are in the hospital now having this fixed!

Oh ****!! Can I curse here. This is definitely cuss worthy. I cant believe it happened again!! I am here thinking good thoughts for an easy fix!

Oh my, @danelady!!! I can't believe this happened to you. I hope you got to the hospital quickly and your surgeon has had a chance to figure out why this would occur.

Thank you everyone. Ambulance arrived quickly and whisked me down to my second home in good time. X-rays were taken and now they are waiting to hear from ortho on how to proceed because I am not a normal hip replacement.
Let me guess, I said, there's an extra piece in there called a LockRing which can cause much more damage if it's dragged.
There's never much pain for the first 2hrs but it is kickin' in right now...oy.

Ooh, they just gave me dilaudid and it's kickin' out the pain. But now I have an even seriouser problem. It feels like Niagara Falls is about to burst out my bladder and there's no way I can get near ANYTHING to pee in, lol.
Eyes are crossed now and seeing double....zzzz zzz

This is sad news. I am sorry for the physical pain you're suffering. Hopefully they get things under control for you soon.
@danelady

I have lost all trust.
I make a compliant cash cow, don't I?
Not wasting any more of my time, my friend found a dr to look around in there and give me their opinion.

Phone about to die, love you lots

@danelady …. Please don’t rush into anything. You need to see the surgeon who did this last revision - not some new doctor. This is important! You have already had an infection and are still being treated for it. Having another surgery just to “explore” is very ill advised as you are still at extreme risk for infection problems.

I’m going to be be very straight with you. Remember when I advised you that you need to allow 10 days of recovery for every 1 day you have spent in surgery and rehab? You came home on January 3rd. Today is January 22nd. That’s 19 days. Even though you felt great, on Friday you were talking like recovery was “winding down.” It’s not. You need to take things VERY easy for many weeks to come. Running around town in your truck was not the best thing for you to attempt. Please talk this over with your surgeon and get his guidance about your activity levels.

The constrained implant does make dislocation less likely. But it takes at least 2 months (possibly longer for you because of all you’ve been through) for your muscles to heal and strengthen around the implant. It’s the muscles that really hold it in place, even though your movement is somewhat constrained by the implant.

What you describe about it dislocating when getting up from your chair sounds to me as though you may have a chair that is too low. If you don’t have pillows in the seat, you might try adding them so you are higher. Also, a lot of chairs, especially recliners, tend to have a seat that leans backward slightly. This means when you try to get out of the chair, you can make lunging movements that could lead to a dislocation as you bend forward to try and get up. I’m not saying this is what happened….just something to consider. It may be this is not the best chair for you right now. Or you may need to elevate the chair on a riser or use pillows to keep you more upright and make it easier to get up. Again….this is something to discuss with your revision surgeon….the guy who knows your hip better than anyone.

No one is doing things to keep you coming back. Your medical team wants you well as much as you want to be healed. This is not the time to doctor shift. But it is a time to do some serious reflection on what you can do differently to reduce your risk of continued dislocation. This is a mechanical problem and it may require some alterations in how you move about and the level of activity you attempt. The only person who can accurately advise you is your surgeon. Please give him the chance to help you.

Danelady,
Please listen to Jamie's sage advise here.
My living room couch is low and soft but have another couch downstairs in the apartment and that's where I watch TV. The couch upstairs too much of a strain to get myself up.
Now not sure your LR situation but what Jamie mentions here is absolutely something to take into consideration going forward.
Recently I started adding a few pillows on one end of LR couch to just sit up straight and basically push my rear toward front of cushion making it easier to get up but I'm almost a year post op.
I can now lay down on LR couch and watch TV with my partner but I don't venture in LR until after dinner when I know I won't be spending too much time on the couch.
It's crazy how one piece of furniture can cause such inconvenience.
I hope you see your surgeon and tell them to catheter you if need be. I hate bedpans.
Keep us posted and I'm wishing you the best possible outcome.

Dearest @danelady , I feel gutted for you! No words. The others said it better than I can. Keep in touch and know we care. Xxoo

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom