PKR how long was i in bed for???

Foxmyster1967

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i had a rtkr ten years ago, and alls well No in fact its tip top!! end of this year im having a lpkr and i cant remember how long i was in bed for i think it was about two weeks?. pkn isn't as bad I'm told. (mind i didn't suffer with the tkn so this one should be a limp in the park. if anyone has had a PKR recently can they shed a little light on the bed time for me ? many thanks

@Foxmyster1967
Hi and Welcome back to Bonesmart! I moved your new thread over to the pre op forum since it will be a while before you have your PKR.

i cant remember how long i was in bed for i think it was about two weeks?.
I’m not sure what you mean by “be in bed” as you will be able to, and should, move around a bit right away.

pkn isn't as bad I'm told.
Many of us seem to be told this, but it’s not true. It’s the same recovery time as a TKR. The only real difference is how each of us reacts to the surgery, we all recover at different timeframes.

Here is your recovery thread from your right knee, so you can refresh your memory!

when i say " in bed" i mean resting the knee.... as i recall it being a little hard at first to move the leg from bed to floor.... and getting up and down stairs?

I had 2 partials this year. Yes, moving the leg from the bed to floor and back was difficult for about 5 days. The first 2 weeks was tough on me just from the post surgery/ affects of anesthesia. I've not had a total to compare it to, but I believe it's a lie that partial is easier.
I foolishly believed that recovery would be similar to recovering from a broken leg requiring surgery when I was 14. Nothing is like it was when I was 14. Hope I remember that when I likely get upgraded to TKR in 20 or so years. You said your other knee was 10 years ago. Just know, it won't be the same. Even my 2 knees, 3 months apart, were quite different.

I had a partial on April 9. The first week was pretty slow for me, and my leg was pretty weak. Lots of naps (since sleeping at night was pretty worthless), Oxy round the clock for the first 2 days, nights only for a day or two and then Tylenol only. By the second week, I was moving better, still with lots of stiffness and weakness in the leg. I did start mowing the lawn at the end of the second week, and have steadily increased my activities. I started driving somewhere in the second week.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
frankie12167
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom