Home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bees Knees

senior
I am back from the hospital. Surgery RTKR 11/16/10.

Surgery on Tuesday and home on Friday. Thankfully everything went smoothly.
It is hard work to do exercises,self care,medicine etc. but getting easier every day.

My husband is here till next week and then will return to work if all continues to go well.:wub:I am concerned about being alone but I am stronger everyday.

Everything I have read has eased my mind and has helped my recovery. This forum is so helpful you do not feel alone!!

What has helped me the most with self care is organizing the equipment needed.Toothbrush,paste etc. in baskets. The tub transfer chair with a back and a hand held shower. A dining room chair with arms to dress in.

Thank you everyone I hope I can help someone too.

Congratulations on your achievement! You are taking the steps now to re-assemble your life The PT and exercises is hard work---I agree---but it will pay off when you are able to do all the things you want to do pain free!

Please keep us all posted of what is going on and your progress.

Tim C.

Hi Bees!
We are almost identical with our dates. I had my LTKR on Wednesday 11/17 & was home from the hospital on 11/19. I had a horrible hospital experience-- which I have not yet posted about (and will not do in your thread!) but since being home, things have been much better/ easier. My husband went back to work on Saturday! But my Mom has had my 10 year old, so that has been a HUGE help! You can do it!

Just wanted to check in & say hi & welcome home!

Tricia
LTKR 11/17/10

Well done! You'll be fine when your husband goes back to work. After all, he'll be home in the evening.

I was on my own 24/7 once my brother and his wife went home after 6 days. I was fine and so will you be! Just take everything slow and gentle and don't be tempted to start doing housework or cooking meals! Not for another 3-4 weeks, anyway! Definitely off limits!

Glad to hear you're home and doing well. Take your time with everything and enjoy a very good rest. Hope to hear from you soon.

So glad to hear that you are home again. So how are you getting along now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom