Hip replacement on 15th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

titia

I'm new to this blog and undergo a hip replacement on the 15th October. I have so much pain at this stage that I'm started wonder if it is my hip. It's all around my knee and a burning at area around my hip. I was for all the procedures around my hip but when the pain is so that I'm feeling becoming mad, all wrong things touch my mind. I'm so desperate to be without pain. I'm an old runner and cycler and age 57 years

Hi titia, and welcome to BoneSmart. I move your post because it was in someone else's thread about prostate surgery and in the Social Room which is really just for chit-chat and topics other than hips or knees!

All that you have described is perfectly normal for someone in that stage. Arthritis is a horrible pain and it can radiate to all parts of your leg and even your lower back. You just stick around here and we will see you through.

If you need any help using the forum, take a look in here https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/how-to-use-this-xenforo-forum.74/, there are heaps of instructionals. You might find it useful to start off with this one Starting a new thread and posting.

When I was being examined for a knee replacement one of the things they did was x=rays and MRI's of not only the knee but my hips and back. Tehy wanted to be sure that the pain I was feeling in my knee was being caused by my knee and not pain that was originating in my back or hip. According to my doctor it is possible to experience pain in the knee when the problem is actually coming from the hip. My friend has bad knee and leg pain that is a result of the arthritis in her hip. good luck on your surgery

Good luck on your surgery on monday.

Hi, I am having my second hip replacement on 13th November. I currently have pain in my groin and all down the side of my leg and sometimes in my knee which medication does not solve.

After my hip replacement on my first hip all THAT pain disappeared. The post op pain was only stiffness and soreness which was easy to control with pain killers and for me was completely gone after not many weeks.
Based on my experience I am so happy that I had the first THR as it gave me my life back!

It is normal to have doubts pre op but trust in the medics and I expect you will be pleasantly surprised as I was.
Ali
All the best on 13th....

Titia, you know your hip IS a problem, and the replacement is a very proactive step to recovering your life. It may be that there are other factors contributing to the pain you have, and you may have to deal with those down the road. But I'm betting that you will be astonished at how much better you feel after you get past the early surgery recovery. Good luck on Monday, and be sure to start a new thread in the Recovery forum as soon as you can so we can follow your progress and help you through it. You have tons of company here. :)

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Plerea
Recent bookmarks
Back