Hip makes a pop at times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot1

graduate
Hey Group,
Mostly been on knee forum since last surgery.
I noticed long time ago after my hip surgery and recovered that when I would raise my hip replaced knee toward my chest from a standing position I would feel a pop. Very faint. I thought it was my knee and when I would not bend the knee when raising my leg up I thought it went away.
Today, I decided to revisit some exercises and noticed that pop or click feeling every time I raised my leg and am sure its not in the knee.
So I think its been going on a long time and not a wear issue.
I just dont think I noticed it since I dont raise my let that high in normal activities.
I have no pain and have a great range of motion in the hip, its great.
Moderators, have you addressed this issue before.
I had that same pop before I had the hip replaced I think??
Its weird and my only worry would be a wear issue which I imagine is not the case.
I have metal on poly hip.
Pilot

It's quite common, Doug - please don't worry about it. The most possible explanation is that it's air bubbles or fluid moving around. iow, nobody really knows what causes it! :snk:

Sounds good Josephine,
I though it was not serious or it most likely would be causing some other issues.
Pilot

Hi Pilot, I have the same sensation but it is so slight that I decided not to worry about it. Glad to know other hippies are "popping" as well :th_heehee:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IceWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom