• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

ConforMIS custom-made knee replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was supposed to be one night but had a reaction to a med and so was there for two days.
All the best next week!

@1ELISEA- thank you. The hospital called me yesterday to advise me to be there @ 6a for 9a surgery. Two hours later the surgery scheduler called back to tell me my surgeon called and wants me first. I have to be there @ 5:30a for a 7:30a surgery time. I'm good w/ that. Figure it's because I have a family history of Malignant Hyperthermia and the anesthesiologist wants me first so the room & equipment won't be contaminated with the gas that triggers the MH. Then the orthopedic floor nurse called me today to tell me I'd be starting PT immediately and to bring comfortable work-out type clothes, i.e., loose fitting shirts and a loose fitting t-shirt. I was like "okay, sounds good to me!"

I was lucky enough to be first of the day for both my pkrs. I hate being npo, I get up early anyway and I want my coffee when I get up. Less time to fret--get up, get in, get done (and in my case, anyway), get the heck out of the hospital and get home the same day. best wishes.

@jeano- I agree. I like being 1st. I agree w/ you re: the whole npo thing. It's sucks. I'm a morning person who needs food and coffee 1st thing.

So jealous of your early start time. I was fit in and they want me to arrive at the hospital at 11 a.m.

I forgot to ask what kind of "equipment" I'm getting!

In case I don't have a chance to stop back for a visit all the best with your upcoming tkr! You are armed with a lot of knowledge from this forum. I wish you an uneventful successful journey!

Thanks everyone! Less than 24 hours to go. I went thru BoneSmart's extensive library last night. Lots of good information there. We plan on bring the Vital Wrap ice machine with us to the hospital with the knee wrap. Will works LOTS better than the ice bags the hospital has.

Best wishes for tomorrow. I'm glad you're up first.

So jealous of your early start time. I was fit in and they want me to arrive at the hospital at 11 a.m.

I forgot to ask what kind of "equipment" I'm getting!

11am would be very difficult for me to do - I get really bad acid reflux if I go without breakfast too long.

I have to be there at 10:00. Good luck MotownGirl66 and JaneB. We are in this together and we can do it!

If you have time set up your new thread. This way in case you are not thinking too clearly tomorrow you will at least he set up to post!

Hugs to you both!

I have to be there at 10:00. Good luck MotownGirl66 and JaneB. We are in this together and we can do it!

If you have time set up your new thread. This way in case you are not thinking too clearly tomorrow you will at least he set up to post!

Hugs to you both!

Oh! That's a good idea! Have you set yours up?
@Jane B. and @Jozilla

I haven't done mine yet, I have a couple more days...

Good luck tomorrow Motowngirl!! Best wishes for a speedy, uneventful recovery. :friends:

@kaw205-Just got released today and started a new thread in the recovery area. It's quite lengthy but be sure to check out it. Thank you of thinking of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties