Calling Jb94102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim...I had major problems with nausea...the phenergen always works for me. After about 3 weeks, I tried my perc without it, I didn't get sick.....haven't since. The phenergen made me so groggy....I'm glad I don't need it anymore. Maybe you'll do the same.
SO glad you're getting along well....my magic week was week 3....I finally felt a little bit human again.....it just better and better. We've all got a long row to hoe, though!

Patti - remind me how many weeks PO you are, please? I can't believe Monday will be 11 weeks for me!

Skeet

This Monday -March 3rd will be 8 weeks. Time flies!

My sweet husband turns 52 tomorrow....I've got a huge party planned...Tomorrow is going to put me to the test...I'll be in the kitchen all day then I'll have to "work the room" all evening. He's worth it, he's been my knight in shining armour for the last 32 years!!!! He's the best....all of my gal pals called "dibs" on him if I didn't make it through the surgery!!!!!!!!!....since I MADE it, they're all wanting to know when I'm getting the left one replaced!!! They see it as another "opportunity"....

great friends, huh??

just some useless info!

Hope you really enjoy the party Pattipoo, you are so brave to be organizing such a thing in my opinion. I only prepared a large veggie tray tonight for a party we are at tomorrow lunchtime, and I was exhausted and in a lot of pain with extra swelling for the rest of the evening!! I will also be 8 weeks next week (5th). I guess it's as they say, there is no real norm for anyone eh? Anyway, have a really fun time with your family and friends, and try to find time to put your feet up for a while sometime during the day.

I know what you mean about having a great husband, we too will have been married 32 years in July, and he has also had a lot to put up with, especially the last 8 years or so. He is really supportive, even when he travels (which is quite often) he still calls me about 3 times a day, more when I have been having a bad day, and always makes me take the phone into the bathroom with me when I have my shower when he is not around, incase I fall.

We have lots in common with wonderful husbands. I could never have done this without mine. He does laundry, cleans, cooks, shops, helps me and never complains. Didn't even complain about the lack of sex early on. He's a keeper for sure. He even put up with my crying jags without issue. We've only been married for 23 years. And I can only take a shower when someone is home (we have three kids - 15, 17, 21, that live at home) in case of a fall. He wouldn't let me drive until 9 weeks either. Still insists on taking me places when he can. It's kind of cute.

As for a party... I'd be doing good just to get a shower beforehand. You are amazing, Pattipoo. I don't know how you do it! And I take my vitamins religiously!!

Skeet

Skeet, did you have your left or right knee done? I just wondered as I had heard that I probably won't be driving until about 3 months, mine is the right.

WIDE AWAKE!!

I had a Right TKR. I started driving at 5 weeks. I have a full size SUV and it was a little hard at first. I practiced in the driveway. I would never have gotten on the highway if I didn't know that I could handle braking quickly and such. I have to admit that driving home from work, the first two weeks, was rough because I'd have the "deep ache" from being up all day. I'm in NC and it's warmer here than up North....I suppose that could have a little to do with it. When I'm riding with my husband, I always sit in the back seat with pillows to put my leg up so I don't have the "deep ache" by the time we arrive at our destination...

my little useless info....

I had my right one done also. I started driving at 4 weeks. I'm in Fla. so it's even warmer. And I do believe it makes a difference.
Like Patti said though, that ache will jump on you if you do it too much.

I drove at about 10 days (LPKR) in my Subaru Forester with AT. Just getting into the car was a struggle ( and I was lucky to have really good flexion early on) but cabin fever was killing me.

I drove a few blocks and found that I had to drive with my right hand on the wheel and my left hand holding my knee together. I swear it was falling apart into a million pieces right there in the front foot well.

I drove back home and didn't get back in the car for a few days then drove to my OS office to get my staples removed and walked in without the assistance of either crutches or cane. Have I mentioned I have a problem with "proving" something to myself and others and don't always use good judgment?

Since then I have tried to be a little smarter... and I hope you will take it easy Jim! I know it is hard to be waited on hand and foot but you will pay for the times you push too hard. Sometimes it is worth the price... but often not.... I just try to let my honey know how grateful I am to him for all he has done for me over the past few months.

I drove my daughter's automatic at 7 weeks. I had my left knee done and I drive a stick shift, so I didn't drive my own car until 8 weeks, but I probably could have done it earlier, I just didn't need to and wanted to heal as much as possible beforehand. I might have been able to do it at 6 weeks, but I'm not sure.

Skeet

Thanks for all the info guys about the driving. I just wrote a reply, posted it and never saw it, don't know what happened to it...anyway again, I will talk to my PT on Tuesday and ask what she thinks, my ROM still isn't that good so I'm not sure. It would be great not having to rely on friends to drive me to all my appointments. Also I am suffering big time from the cabin fever, especially when my hubby is away weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom