THR AVN: Surgeon refuses THR unless all alcohol and tobacco use is ended

This is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of. The drive is worth it if you get a good outcome. I think given your medical history you really want a more experienced surgeon anyway. I believe you just dodged a bullet. Good for you.

Thanks. As I said in one of the comments, Dr. Jones might be a "surgeon first" and a "clinician second", meaning that he is more used to working in an operating room than in consulting patients and sympathizing with their pain.

How strange! I don’t drink alcohol, so I don’t know what my surgeon’s stance is on this. Also, I didn’t have AVN. The questionnaire contained the usual questions about alcohol, caffeine, and recreational drugs, but I never heard another thing about it. With both my surgeries, I had to get a pre-op physical within 30 days of my surgery and be cleared by my physician for surgery.

Good luck to you! I am glad you found another option!

I sympathize with others who have this pain. It hurts like hell.

I don't wish it on my worst enemies (except maybe the bad orthopedic surgeon, haha :)

Hang in there. Nearly to a new hip!

@ldk …. Let us hear from you once you’re able to post. Hope your surgery went well!

Click on the link to go to my recovery thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom