TKR 9 weeks - so far so good!<

Well, played 18 holes of golf 2 days in a row over the weekend. Didnt play that well, but I didn't care. It was great to be out there. The weather here has been beautiful -85 today. What?! Knee was a little sore and tight. But iced and elevated at night. Also been working all day last several days. Tightness and swelling more pronounced at night after busy active days. Still no PT.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Sissy!! Here in Scotland golf is known as 'a guid walk spoiled'! If you're no' walking, you're no' golfing!!

My OS uses Euflexxa. Im thinking about doing it as my old knee is a bit painful. Unlike my new knee, old knee feels empty, not solid. Haven't really taken ibuprofen, maybe need to more frequently. Any thoughts/opinions on Euflexxa?

I'm just one person, but it did nothing for me. Others probably have had better luck. Hopefully, they will write.

It helped for a while. If you haven't tried it yet it may be worth a try, unless you feel you're ready for another TKR. My ortho offices have to order it, they don't keep it on hand, so it takes about a month after I put the order in. I'm getting my 2nd shot today.

@ferddword You're doing really well and I remember so well that feeling of, "Should I or shouldn't I?", to the point that I thought I would just climb the walls with my attempts to reach the perfect ROM within a fortnight! It was only when I thankfully found this BS site that I read up what others had shared and realised that I was expecting the impossible of my body under the brutal circumstances of it's attack by the surgeon's team LOL

I had my second TKR done last June 2016 and even now I feel the elastic band sensation down the outside, but I can assure you that it will abate anything up to or beyond one year post op. I hardly ever get reminders of my first TKR (until I go to kneel on it! :censored:) but to be without the pre op pain of each is just heaven!

You'll do OK, but remember - baby steps only and frustrating as it seems now, before you know it you won't give the experience a second thought.
Best wishes

Thanks all! I think I will give it a go. The shot that is...

My Mom had great success with the series of three Euflexxa injections. It took about two or three months after the last injection before she felt the full effects. Good luck with whatever road you travel!

Haven't made the appointment for the Euflexxa yet since the old knee isnt feeling as achy lately. Maybe because new knee is getting stronger, less noticeable. I still have a bit of numbness, tightness but it moves in different areas. Been playing golf 2x a week. A bit sore swollen afterwards. Ice and rest until next day. Standing in 1 place or kneeling still bothers me.

I still haven't tried to kneel since I haven't for over 20 years! But, standing in one place is still a problem. I have to keep bending both of my knees. I'd much rather walk any day! And now, walking is much less painful on this right leg! I think you are doing things just right. To be able to do the things you are so soon is remarkable! Keep up the good work!

I think issues with standing and kneeling is normal. Some TKRs never like to kneel, I'm one of those. I'll do anything to keep from kneeling. You can try using a pillow under your knee to see if that helps.

I couldn't kneel no matter what. I tried piling up two thick pillows and a big block of memory foam between two chairs. Then I gently lowered myself on to it, but could only tolerate it for about 10 seconds! I'm now trying a Wahl Spot Therapy Massager on both knees and it does seems to be helping them improve. Hallelujah!

9 weeks - so far so good!<

Ok.. Its like kneeling in a canoe. Most people never want to try and just back off. Others can do it for five seconds and give up.
No one save Canadians who live watching TV on the floor kneeling can do thirty minutes at first.

This is something you build up to in any case. I point this out to my canoeing students; most of whom build up to kneeling for hours one minute increments at a time

I could only tolerate kneeling for a second at first on a squishy pad. The electric pain across my invisible scar was quite interesting

Then we went paddling in Florida for a month. Not paddling every day but about every four days ( others were walking and biking). I worked up to thirty minutes kneeling on half inch thick minicell foam. That is firm foam but for me more comfortable.

My hubby does not scrub the trailer floor well so I found myself kneeling to do that.

Moral is that if you find kneeling important to what you want to do , work on it . A little at first. A little more later. Like recovery its not instantaneous.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jkidwell
Recent bookmarks
Back