7 Days Out THR..Meeting Surgeon Tomorrow for Final Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

petcal

This Month has gone by so fast, thank goodness..the wait for THR is almost over...can almost taste it, yet, probably won't believe it's real until driving down to admitting room next Wednesday AM, early....trying to behave myself, like keeping playtime with Rosie at a minimum, so, no accidents with her running into me, all wound up playing frisbee...Blood Pressure FINALLy down to normal, after being a bit high while detoxing on not only Nicotine, but Ambien(Another thread for another day..if YOUR using Ambien, BE Careful, it's potent stuff, and, can cause bizarre issues when mixed with alcohol)...

My Mental state is pretty good, I think...pretty much over the fear stage, and, onto the "Let's do it" phase, and get mobile, pain-free again....been a LONG haul for me, as I was told over 2 years ago to get this done, and, postponed, as no pain in hip, just my KNEE...in denial....finally, pain went beyond severe, bone-on-bone, and, it was too late, just had to wait, and get on surgery list....believe me, if I ever need a left hip, it will be done long before bone-on-bone, learned my lesson...
I am concerned about my knee, as the report for it was pretty gruesome(loaded with O.A, spurs, blah, blah, blah)...hoping knee pain will be reduced after THR, and, buy time with a hopeful simple cleanup job....1 thing at a time, 1 step at a time...

Thanks for all of the support here...has helped a lot with moving forward.

Well, all the best for the big day. And onwards and upwards, eh?

I also found that the time just flew by while I was waiting for my replacements. It only goes slow if you stop and think about it. But, seems like I made my appointments ... then one month went by ... then 2 months went by and so on.

You will feel so much better after it's done. It's one of the most successful surgeries done today!

Dorothy

Lets do it satge sounds pretty good to me as that was the stage I was at with my hip replacement, two years has been a long wait, all the best next Wednesday.

Billy

All the best on Wednesday petcal! I'll bet that knee pain eases post-op. You are carrying your weight unevenly now trying to stay off that hip. Things are bound to complain.

See you on the other side!

I'm curious and anxious to hear how you are doing petcal! Please let us all know once you're back home and settled. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Plerea
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom