• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR #2 THRP and nice app discovery to manage meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

greener

Country
United States United States
Day #5 of recovery of 2nd Anterior THRP. Different doctors same method 18 months apart (I'm 54 years old). Will be interesting to see results. Everything is going great so far. I'm at home walking with walker and with minimal pain. Knock on wood...

I wanted to share with the community an app that I found. Like everyone else I came home with a chemistry set of medications. I told myself that their must be a good app to manage the medications. I tried 4 different ones and Dosecast was the clear winner. https://www.montunosoftware.com/products/dosecast/about/ It's available for IOS (iphone/ ipad) and Android.

You basically enter each medication, the quantity and whether the pill was to be taken at a certain time (Methocarbamol/Robaxin in my case) or certain hours apart (Oxycodone every three hours in my case). Once all the medications are entered, the app notifies you (if you give it permission) when it is time for each pill. It also keeps a log of exactly when each dose was taken and quantities.

Basic edition is free and if you want to be able to access the logs and sync on multiple devices there is a cost (I'm on the free trial). I have it loaded on my ipad and iphone. Very cool...
cheers everyone,
Randall

That sounds cool. I know I wrote mine down on a sheet of paper, and sometimes it was hard to read. So glad to hear that your second surgery went so well. I'm in LA, too. Who was your surgeon? (if you don't mind me asking.) Keep up the great work!

I have been using the app for over a year now and found it to be a great asset. Now I never have to guess if it is time or to find the notepad I wrote everything down on.

Hi hipHip:
Anterior#1 RTHR April 2014 OS. Dr Yun/ St John's
Anterior #2 LTHR Nov 30 2015 Dr Johnson/UCLA
Both excellent surgeons...

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Oh! I was at St. John's, too. Dr. Matta did my hips. I've seen footage of Dr. Yun, and he looks excellent. He was at the hospital when I was there.

Glad to hear you had such good experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom