Pre-op pain!

palin21bug

Country
United States United States
have my surgery scheduled for april 24th. it would have been sooner but i had a bladder issue, so now here i am in so much pain...i pray they have cancelations im making myself sick with worry. i cant stand sitting tailbone hurts. when i stand and walk its a shocking pain my butt and back for both my kegs hurts so so bad. i dont know what to do anymore. what can i do for relieve?

Hi @palin21bug so sorry you're in so much pain, it's miserable to be like that. Have you tried icing? And some people get relief from heat, so maybe experiment. The end is in sight, 3 and a half weeks to go, so whatever you do hopefully won't be for long. Have you tried using a cane/crutches/walker to take the strain off your legs? Make this a separate thread so that other members can see it....I'm sure there'll be lots more support and suggestions for you. Take care....

did any of you exoerience leg pain. everytime i stand it hurts thru tailbone down legs.

did any of you exoerience leg pain. everytime i stand it hurts thru tailbone down legs.

Do you mean before surgery? I did, but not quite like you describe. I was having trouble with my back and my quads. My busted up hips basically seemed to stop my glutes from working properly, so my quads were doing the heavy lifting. By the end of most days it felt like I had walked 20 miles. My leg muscles were so tight and tired. PT helped clear things up (mostly - I'm a work in progress :) ) before my first surgery - and has been helping afterwards as I've been preparing for hip #2 at the end of May.

i mean before surgery..my surgery is not till april 24th groin pain, tailbone pain and paining shooting down both legs. miserable.

@palin21bug You may notice I moved the discussion regarding your pre-op pain to a thread of your own. This way you don't hijack someone else's thread and you get input on your own issues.

Unfortunately no one has created any medication that addresses pre-op pain. The best approach is to stay off that sore hip as much as possible. Ice and elevate if it helps. The good news is you will soon have a shiny new hip.

That pre-op bone on bone mess is horrid.
Only weeks away but I totally get that seems like an eternity.
As Jaycey said, ice if you can.
I actually resorted to heating pad and got some comfort.
:console2:

Last edited:
I have been using Tylenol, ibuprofen and ice which keeps the pain bearable . Sometimes I use my walker and that helps but I pretty much rest. I can’t do much. Hopefully that will all change on May 9 . Then I have 2 knees to look forward to. I pray I’ll get through it all.

Going for my pre op testing in a few hours. Not sure why but I’m feeling really down today. I guess it’s just my pessimism.

Coming up soon, bug.
Bye bye hip pain:ok:

I know. Can't wait. Hurting so bad - tailbone, butt and so much leg pressure.

I know...miserable.
So sorry you are suffering:console2:

Thanks everyone for helping out its getting closer now 24th all most here. I'm feeling ready now as I hurt and so tired of being in pain everyday. I hope after surgery is not to bad but I know it won't be easy. All I can do is take one day at a time. Please pray for me everyone. Thanks

You can do this and we will be here to cheer you on...
It was very obvious to me post op that I had lost that terrible hip pain so the recovery stuff was going to be temporary and well worth it.
I know I was anxious but also excited there was something to give me back my life.
Yay for bye bye hip pain!:yes!:

well the 24th is coming fast and im excited and oh stiill so afraid of hurting after and the pain being so unbearable. im trying to stay positive..

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom