Recent content by Zoie

  1. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    Hi Ramblin' As long as you have redness, skin warmth, and/or swelling, DON'T have any more procedures done. You have to wait for this initial inflammation to go away before you know what is contributing to your lack of ROM. It took mine about 7 mos. to go away and I found that it was mostly...
  2. Zoie

    TKR Rambling knee

    Yes Ramblin' - that is the machine. It delivers a continuous level of coldness as opposed to ice bags or frozen peas which deliver too much cold at first & then quickly decay. I rested, iced & elevated for 6-8 hrs/day for 2 weeks & then saw a significant improvement. Is your knee red or hot...
  3. Zoie

    TKR Rambling knee

    Hi Ramblin' - you are in the hardest part now of recovery, feeling "Oh my God - my knee is stuck & I have to do something about it NOW - before it becomes permanent!" What is keeping your knee from bending now is NOT adhesions, but INFLAMMATION which causes swelling of tissues because you are...
  4. Zoie

    PKR Scar Tissue after PKR

    Hi Larry - welcome to the forum ! You are doing exactly what I was doing before I found this Forum - TOO MUCH! It's a fine line you need to walk to rest & ice to reduce inflammation and swelling and going to PT to get the knee to bend. Stop with the 3-4X/week PT which will, at this stage, only...
  5. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    maryo52, hi - yes the Oxycontin-20 mg. is a time release med which I take every 12 hours pretty continuously. I usually take the Oxycontin-20 mg. with my morning dose of Oxycodone and then before I go to bed at night (sometimes earlier). I find that the Oxycontin really does help quite a bit. I...
  6. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    Josephine, hi - I tried your method the last two nights. I didn't take the Ambien and took two Oxycodone before bed and then at 2 am, I took one oxycontin and one oxycodone. That worked well and I wasn't in as much pain when I woke up in the morning around 7 am. Think I will trash the Ambien and...
  7. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    For pain meds I am taking: Oxycodone 10-324 (with Acetaminophen), 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours and Oxycontin 20 mg. every 12 hours for "breakthrough" pain. My pain has not improved that much from right after surgery! However, this past weekend, I did feel it was longer in between pills - maybe...
  8. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    Has anyone either experienced or heard of an OS prescribing Medrol (Methylprednisolone) pills to reduce inflammation after TKR? I have some stubborn, lingering inflammation. I have asthma and have asthma attacks several times per year where I am prescribed high dose Medrol (24-32 mg/day)...
  9. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    I have read all of the articles you referenced Josephine! Josephine (did I do that right?). All of this info has helped me so much! I see my OS again on Monday where I will tell him that I am refusing any further surgeries or MUA's! I'm going to follow the Bonesmart way! I wish I would...
  10. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    No - he did not hear any "pops" and anything that indicated that he had broken the scar tissue. In fact, he came out after the surgery and told my husband he was surprised how "easy" it was to move the knee through the scar tissue. This indicates to ME that it was too soon and that the scar...
  11. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    Hello - thanks so much for your information packed timely reply! You are right - my knee is still swollen and inflamed. They have given me an anti-inflammatory gel called Voltaren (diclofenac sodium topical gel 1%), but after about 10 days use, it doesn't seem to have done anything. To answer...
  12. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    Hello - thanks so much for the quick response! I am going to Physical Therapy three times/week where they push the knee as far as it will go in an effort to get more flexion and extension. They tell me that there is NO WAY they can break the scar tissue or dramatically improve it via physical...
  13. Zoie

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    Had a knee replacement 10 weeks ago. Due to early scar tissue formation, had to have a manipulation at 5 weeks post-op. Initially, it looked like it worked (in first week), but by the second week, scar tissue was forming again. I now have a "frozen knee" and am stuck at 85 deg. bend and 10...
Back
Top Bottom