Hello—
I am three and a half weeks out from my total knee replacement. Today my scar felt itchy, burning and irritated and it made me feel very restless the whole day. The nurse said to ice it—no lotions or creams for another two weeks. Is there anything else I can do to calm it down?
Thanks...
Hi All
I am 10 months post-op. I have a Baker's cyst on my left knee which is the knee that has the partial knee replacement. Yesterday I did a five mile walk. The cyst seems to be really sore and it kinda hurts to walk. I have been icing it and taking Aleve. Is there anything else I can do to...
Dear All
I just went to the orthopedic surgeon yesterday. I mentioned that I'm still having pain when I bend my knee beyond 90-100 degrees, stairs are difficult and my leg gets really stiff. He said it could take a full year to recover fully and he offered and gave a cortisone shot for the...
Hello again
My scar has been itching a fair amount today. Does it help to rub a cream into the scar? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Sincerely,
Zoesmom429
Dear All
I now have flunked PT for the second time--not enough bend.
I did a 5K last weekend and at the 2.5 mile mark the left leg started to really stiffen up. Is this type of interior swelling normal at this stage? I just did the 5K to test my knee.
Any thoughts?
Zoesmom429
Hi again,
My ROM as I started PT was 125. Now, at the end of the session, I am 112-115. The therapist has requested more PT for me.
Does anyone know why I might have had this decrease? Scar tissue?
Any thoughts would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Zoesmom429
Dear Larry and bottomshollow,
Thank you for your thoughtful responses.
I will try and learn some patience, but it is hard.
I also have been having some bad knee days. I feel like my knee is getting worse. More trouble on stairs and going down is particularly difficult. Could it be that scar...
Dear All
I am four weeks post-op now. I am off the norco completely and I don't seem to have any pain (generally) when walking. However, it is pretty painful to bend the knee. As soon as I got off the Coumadin (which they had me on for four weeks), I asked if it was OK for me to take the...
Dear SFBaySailor
I don't do the racewalking like the Olympic folks do--I just walk as fast as I can with a good arm swing and my heels do touch the ground.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.