Recent content by zippy005

  1. Z

    MUA Help after MUA

    Please try to stay positive. I had a complicated TKR revision in Oct. 2024. Like you, I went thru torturous PT sessions that nearly broke me. After 24 sessions, I decided to follow much of the Bonesmart way, and gradually my knee calmed down, my confidence increased and I saw improvement...
  2. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    Please try to stay positive. I had a complicated TKR revision in Oct. 2024. Like you, I went thru torturous PT sessions that nearly broke me. After 24 sessions, I decided to follow much of the Bonesmart way, and gradually my knee calmed down, my confidence increased and I saw improvement...
  3. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    @EalingGran, thank you for the tips. I’m definitely going to have a look at your Pilates teacher’s free classes. I did take a recommendation about getting out and walking. Since my TKR back in October and all of the issues that happened afterwards, I haven’t done any long walking. I decided...
  4. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    @Jamie, I do have a recumbent bike, a treadmill and a knee press in my home gym. I do try to use all three pieces of equipment 3 to 4 times per week. I managed to walk two levels of our local mall from front to back yesterday and it’s the most I’ve walked in the seven months since my ordeal...
  5. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    Jockette, thanks so much for the help on replying to messages sent. I must admit I was a bit confused by that. I will do that from now on.
  6. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    All really great suggestions. I need to use moderation and reset my expectations for a while. And I do need to remember that pushing my own knee into submission has resulted in some counterproductive results which then disappoint and frustrate me. A vicious cycle. So, thank you for sharing...
  7. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    well, in the Midwest, we’ve had a ridiculous amount of snow. This morning, temps were -4. High today is 12. I think walking outside, or even in a shopping mall might really help me to build my stamina back. Thanks for the nudge.
  8. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    You are right Jockette, I guess I let self-doubt overwhelm me at times. I want so badly to feel progress each week, and probably push too hard to reach the end goal. Having a knee revision and an MUA is so much harder to recover from than when I had my original TKR three years ago. I guess I...
  9. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    You know…In my heart, I know I need to cut back on the PT some, because I do this to myself in my own home gym. I’m always so worried that if I slow down, I will lose ground and I’ve worked very hard just to get my room to 97. But I think you’re right, I need to back off and let my leg rest...
  10. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    I have a question. Is it normal 4.5 months post revision TKR, and 3 months post MUA to still need to do 30 mins. stretching, just to get to the starting point of the day before? It’s like one step forward, then one step back. Is anyone else so stiff each morning that it feels like you are...
  11. Z

    TKR TKR of left knee on October 3

    Thank you for recommending this bandage. Because I’m still having a hard time bending I found it impossible to get a compression sock on. Something with light compression is exactly what I need particularly if it’s just for the leg and doesn’t need to be on my foot as well. I’m going to give...
  12. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    I do try to factor in the things I do around the house, grocery shopping and running errands, cooking, etc. I haven’t taken a single day off, though, where I don’t put in at least an hour or more with individual exercises. I can’t imagine skipping a day. So fearful of going backward.
  13. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    I can’t wait for the sudden “burst” of success.
  14. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    Layla, thank you for your beautiful message. It brought me to tears. Some days, just hearing someone say you’re going to be OK would be all it would take for me to remember that I’ll get there and it will just take more time. Part of what I love about this community is that even the small...
  15. Z

    Knee Infection* A long journey with many bumps

    I agree, my emotions are all over the board. Some days I think I’m doing so well and making noticeable progress and other days, I feel like I’m swollen, in pain and not progressing. My husband died 2 1/2 years ago and it’s been difficult to go through this ordeal with my knee without a spouse...
Back
Top Bottom