Recent content by Ziggy100

  1. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    10 weeks now. Still super stiff in the morning. Taking 25 mgs of hydroxizine and sleeping like a baby though. I'm also stiff when getting up from a seated position. I'm ok once I'm walking. I have two more PT sessions left. Massage and use of a small rolling pin is helping with the scar tissue...
  2. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    Well, insurance won't pay for the vein procedure. I usually appeal these things but this time I just don't have the energy. It's compounded by the fact that the PT thinks it's mostly scar tissue from the vein graft I had for heart surgery. She massaged the tissue at length and my husband has...
  3. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    Found out I have scar tissue left from a heart grafting procedure and also leftover piece of vein from a vascular procedure on the inside surface of my leg at the knee which have been complicating my recovery. PT has been trying to break up the scar tissue, and a vascular specialist is going to...
  4. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    I'm 10 weeks out now. Walking with a cane, had two follow ups with surgeons pa, and I attend PT once per week. Some days I feel like I'm really making progress and others I have quite a bit of pain. I don't know if this is normal?
  5. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    Thanks Jockette and Layla. Going to PT today and I know she is going to have a fit because I haven't done all the exercises religiously. I can't remember all of them usually. Still feel foggy occasionally from surgery. They told me I would have to do the exercises religiously because I'm only...
  6. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    I think I'm finally getting it through my head that this knee is going to heal-- at its own pace. PT and sleep are going well and I am doing the exercises, albeit not as many as PT recommended.
  7. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    Awwwww, that's so sweet. Thank you.
  8. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    Thank you for that. I guess I need to keep hearing that.
  9. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    Thanks for the help. No I'm doing everything in the recliner or in bed. The last time I saw the floor voluntarily was more than 10 years ago. I have a problem with the kneecap on the other leg so I can't kneel. I actually think some of those people who say they are doing all those things are...
  10. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    Heel slides--Leg flexion on the bed back and forth, like on a cookie sheet- 10 x each set, 5 times per day Ankle flexion and extension- 5 times per hour Ankle rolls- 5 times per hour Walking up and down the hall 5 times per day- about 150 yards Passive Knee Extension Stretch- Leg flat, thigh...
  11. Ziggy100

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    I can't help reading about the things other people are doing, like climbing stairs at two weeks, mowing their lawns, etc. Here I sit in the recliner doing my exercises and walking down the hall in my apt building, still using a walker, icing, and dreaming of better times. Can only extend about...
  12. Ziggy100

    TKR What ice machine do you recommend?

    I think with the cryocuff you have to have the machine higher than your knee as it needs gravity to work. Try that.
Back
Top Bottom