Recent content by Zena831

  1. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    So, went back for a follow-up this afternoon. They are happy with the progress I have made since Friday. The one concern now is if we are being too aggressive with PT daily. I am going to monitor my progress on Friday, of course rest over the weekend and see where I am on Monday. They said that...
  2. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Thank you all for the comments. I did rest every little bit while gardening on Sunday. Not overusing the knee and being mindful of my limits. I do feel this is the start of a new recovery period. I hadn’t gained any traction in a month or so but now I believe I can get where I need to be.
  3. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Good evening all, apologies I haven’t been around. So much going on with work but also moving my MIL out of her apartment and getting it cleaned. Good Lord, that was a chore. We have her stuff in storage while she is in Inpatient Rehab after her fall in December. She has been a very heavy, I...
  4. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Well, today I did see the Dr and he measured, read the PT notes and then we talked about a lot. About PT, how I feel among other things. He told me that I have a ton of scar tissue building up and right around the 3 month post-op period is when he decides if he needs to go in and do a...
  5. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Thank you all for the encouragement. I am glad to have the perspective of others. Maybe it’s the PT people. They keep telling me I should be further along than I am. However, that’s why I wanted to see my Dr and not the PA. I want to hear it for myself. I went to PT today and I think I’m going...
  6. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Hi all, so much going on with work that I haven’t had time to think. It is truly hard to believe that I am over two months post-op. Well, I am still in PT No have 2 visits this week due to my schedule with other appointments. I go back to the doctor on Friday morning. I did request to see...
  7. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Thank you for this information. I am going to try.
  8. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Well, shoot. not sure why my response didn’t post. I respect the questions about continuing PT. So, I’m totally afraid that if I don’t finish out now that they wrote another 4 weeks of PT, that if I have to go back in for a 2nd surgery that insurance would not pay for it…finding some excuse...
  9. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Honestly, I would rather not go to PT. However, what I’m truly afraid of is that IF for some reason, I have to go back in for a 2nd surgery..if I left PT before the script was over, that insurance would not cover it. That is the only reason. I’ll go this next week to PT once I am on the...
  10. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Thank you for the information. I do appreciate you. Well, for the visit today I’m not sure it went too well. Keeping in mind Wednesday was 7 weeks post-op. They asked to see my incision area and were very pleased with how everything looks from that perspective. They asked me how I felt and I...
  11. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Headed back to see my doctor tomorrow morning. I really hope he is ok with me wanting to stop PT. I am totally over it and them. I feel that if I use the time and start walking more and longer, as well as getting on my stationary bike that I get to full extension and bend. of course, nothing...
  12. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Thank y’all for the feedback on PT using a weight to try and straighten my leg. I have been trying to extend, tighten and bend to best I can wit’s each step. I’m really putting a lot of thought into my walking which is something we take for granted. At PT Friday, I was measured at negative 5...
  13. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Wow, it’s hard to believe I am 6 weeks post-op. I still have really hard days where I am so stiff and feel my knee is going to fall off. I am a little concerned that I cannot straighten my leg 100%. When I walk it looks like a natural bend in my knee, we’re my other one is straight. I know...
  14. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Thank you all for the feedback. You are right, no one will be touching my leg again. I don’t even ice it there because I like my ice at home and I live 5 minutes away. I know my exercises and are doing them there and at home. I plan to speak with the main owner tomorrow. He was there on Monday...
  15. Zena831

    TKR Zena831’s Road to Recovery

    Thank you. Sorry, I have been preoccupied with my mother in law who fell sick a couple of weeks ago. Tomorrow is 5 weeks and I cannot wait to stop using the immobilizer in 7 more days. Now that my steristrips are off some times it feels like it is rubbing my incision raw. The TEDs have...
Back
Top Bottom