Recent content by zbest85

  1. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    Hello! Still abusing my hip and all is well! My older brother is about to have his hip done so I turned him on to the BoneSmart method and stressed that PT was overrated, hopefully he chimes in and benefits from the collective!
  2. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    Hard to believe it's been two years, still doing good and hope all of you are well! Stay safe and wash your hands during this crazy time!
  3. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    Popping back up here to reinforce the positive results of my THR, freaking fantastic is all I can say! If you have a positive outlook and basic support available to you to help for a few weeks after surgery don't hesitate to have this done. The right surgeon and Bone Smart will see you through!
  4. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    One year ago I sat here wondering what tomorrow would bring, I'm happy to report that my journey has been pretty positive. I have experienced ups and down's since my hip replacement, but today I walked the entire length of my company's expansive warehouse at a fast pace with absolutely no pain...
  5. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    Posterior, and I do a fair amount of walking and stair climbing at my job.
  6. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    Hi all, 6.5 Months since surgery! I feel like I've reached a new level of recovery, discomfort that I was feeling immediately upon standing up has diminished to the point that I don't anticipate it any more. Range and fluidity of motion continues to improve. NO physical Therapy since the...
  7. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    Well here I am at just about 22 weeks, came back today from a weeks vacation on Sebago Lake Maine. I spent 4-5 hours per day on my Jet Ski and boy did that loosen up my stiff muscles! The lake is huge and can be pretty rough at times, the constant movement worked the leg and back muscles...
  8. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    I had my 14 week checkup with my OS, all looks good, he recommends PT to loosen up my left side, he says if I don't it will settle and I'll have to live with it, any truth in that? He cringed a bit when I told him about Jet Skiing last week, he said I was making him nervous.:no-fin:
  9. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    @Bone-obo You are so right, the last time I used my ski was last August at Sebago Lake in Maine, the north end of the lake can develop huge swells with the right wind conditions and I couldn't resist playing in the waves , I hobbled off the dock and called the OS shortly after.
  10. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    13 weeks today! (Edit: 14 weeks, I miscounted.:blush:) Feeling pretty good, still some minor pain for a few seconds when standing up after sitting for a while. Our trip to Bermuda was great, made it through both airports without a strip search, the resort we stayed at is on the ocean up on a...
  11. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    8 weeks today! I'm down to just minor aches from time to time, I've been very busy getting caught up at home and work, so I've put off starting outpatient PT. I find myself walking at a much faster pace suddenly, uneven ground is no longer painful to walk on. I need to get my left side loosened...
  12. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    I'm actually glad that only my back is sore!
  13. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    Beautiful day here near Cape Cod, I spent about 4 hours outside aerating and fertilizing my lawn, I'm happy to report that my back hurts.
  14. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    6 Week update. Back at work full time, moving pretty well, I am still weak/stiff when standing up from prolonged sitting, it takes a second for everything to fall into place to take my first step. I was very stiff on my left side before surgery, I'm waiting another week before starting...
  15. zbest85

    THR Zbest85 in recovery!

    I was pretty much done with the narcotic pain med at about 2 weeks, then Tylenol only, but as others have said, I kept forgetting to take it as the pain lessened.
Back
Top Bottom