This recovery is crazy. Two weeks ago I was able to start riding my horse. Nothing strenuous just walking on a lunge line with my trainer. Knee was good after riding no increase in pain. I haven't been able to ride again since my husband tested positive for COVID and have been in quarantine...
@sistersinhim I'm looking at getting a new desk chair. I will see about a reclining one. Yesterday I had my leg up on my big yoga ball which helped but need more stability. Keep on trying.
I'm sorry to hear about your pain from PT that was totally uncalled for. My knee also felt OK after surgery until my nerve block wore off. Ice, elevate and pain meds. I would definitely make a complaint about that PT therapist too. Hang in there it does get better. Read all the articles here...
@Jockette thanks for the ideas. You are right any height under my knee is better than my foot on the floor. I am going to put a small pillow in my car for my knee. It was just surprising how much it bothered my knee.
Back to work this week. Due to Covid I am working from home. I am doing more sitting at my desk and boy didn't realize how much my knee would hurt. Trying to find a comfortable way to elevate my knee with ice. Also getting up to walk and stretch. Didn't think it would be a big issue.
Sleep eluded me for about two months after my PKR on 9/17. I slept when I could. I also iced and elevated all night which certainly helped with pain. Hang in there it gets better.
I also sorry about your ongoing pain. I had PKR on 9/17. I started getting pain in the back of my knee about two weeks after surgery. It wasn't a burning pain but I could hardly walk or straighten my knee. My PT first thought it maybe was a Baker's cyst but after he did some massage it said it...
Ten weeks post-op from PKR. My knee has been progressing nicely since no more PT. I still have swelling and will ice and elevate every day. This past weekend I rode my horse under my trainer's supervision. She has worked rehabbing several riders returning to riding after knee replacement. This...
Update on my progress. (PKR on 9/17) I had been doing PT 2 times a week. My therapist was supportive and never pushed on my knee. Then last week he wanted to work on getting my knee straighter. He messaged my knee cap and moved it around. It didn't hurt but just felt weird. Then he started...
This past Saturday I must have done to much during the day. Later that night my knee started hurting and despite icing, elevating and pain meds I was unable to get comfortable or sleep. Sunday morning I could hardly walk. Later in the afternoon my knee started feeling better but boy was that a...
@Kiwigal , I had PKR on 9/17. I agree with comments above about slowing down. I had to learn patience in my recovery. On days I was feeling better I would overdue and then pay the price with increase in pain and swelling. I backed off and now doing much better. Recovery is not a linear...
6 weeks post-op from PKR. I had my 6 week follow up with my OS this week. He was very pleased with my progress and ROM. The nice thing is he is not concerned with numbers as long as I am making progress. My biggest concern is, when can I start riding my horse. He said 4 more weeks and I can ride...
I had PKR on 9/17. My incision has been itching and as well as down my shin. I do moisturize around my knee which does help a little. I use vitamin E lotion which seems to help. I also can't have anything touching my incision because it gets irritated.
That is my thought. My next session is Tuesday and I plan on cutting way back on exercises and focus on gentle stretches. If this isn't ok with my PT then I won't be going. My knee was feeling good until this. Thanks for the reminder on PT.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.