Recent content by Zachnutball

  1. Zachnutball

    TKR Left TKR May 24, 2024

    Well here I am a couple of days past my 4 month anniversary from LTKR. I'm doing great..I have been back to the gym for a couple of months now..slowly getting back my leg strength...4 plates a side..not pushing it ..dont want to reinjure myself. Learning to walk properly is always on the...
  2. Zachnutball

    TKR Left TKR May 24, 2024

    A belated thank you on recognition of my 2 month anniversary. Now just on the cusp of my 11 week of recovery.Things have been going fine about a month into my weight training, slowing getting back to regular form & weight to lift etc I'm always careful in not ignoring any pain or swelling...
  3. Zachnutball

    TKR Left TKR May 24, 2024

    Well I have hit the 6 week post op mark..last Friday at 2pm.always use the surgery end time as my starting point. So as I write this it has been 6 was 3 days Had my PT visit on Friday ..slight improvement from last visit which are usually 2 weeks apart 110 to 118 ROM, then 0 to -1 The PT was...
  4. Zachnutball

    TKR 8 weeks post TKR

    A good point was made..as we set goals of what are ROM should be or what we hope it to be. Like myself I'm not sure what my ROM was before ,having the knee being in a bad state for years . One knows there limits & never pushes past pain. So we have to be pleased with any progression no matter...
  5. Zachnutball

    THR A New Ride Begins - The Puckhead's recovery

    Interested in knowing your progress ,as I'm setting a goal to play hockey again ,this fall..being goaltender it might be different..but then again another hockey players journey is incentive. Look forward to reading how you adapt & to the 1st day back on skates. One day I'll retire...when I...
  6. Zachnutball

    TKR Left TKR May 24, 2024

    Thanks for the notice..yes it has been a month, more like 4 weeks & 5 days at this point. A little background.. April 26/24 I injured my bad knee & needed a cortisone shot to get the swelling & pain down in order to walk. With it being the near end of summer hockey & various physical commitments...
  7. Zachnutball

    2024 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Yes for clarification I had surgery May 24th around noon ..so I am at the week anniversary as I type
  8. Zachnutball

    TKR Left TKR May 24, 2024

    Now 1 week into recovery doing my exercises etc. Seeing improvement daily ,but know I have to be patient, as I was very active previous to this...have a commitment on June 17th that would require the very least walking (background in a movie) Staples out on the 18th....so confident be ready...
  9. Zachnutball

    TKR Left TKR May 24, 2024

    LTKR...saw the surgeon on April 27 for a cortisone shot as knee swelled from injury. Made appointment on May 13th for recommendations on what to do next. Was told TKR was needed . So I said go for it put me on a cancelation list..filled a forms not expecting a call for months. Got a call on May...
Back
Top Bottom