Recent content by YoungHippy

  1. Y

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    Those are both horrifying and awesome at the same time! Horrifying because it looks bad. I'm sure some professional will say that looks normal for your injuries at this phase, or be able to give explanations for what you can see there. Awesome because you are in fact walking around on that...
  2. Y

    THR Knee pain/swelling and limping

    I think 6-9 months was the baseline for nerve healing to begin. Not that it would be complete in 9 months. Didn't mean to be confusing.
  3. Y

    THR Knee pain/swelling and limping

    I actually don't use a stick. I used a walker for the first month after my surgery when I was only 50% weight bearing, then switched over to crutches when I started driving because they were easier to get in and out of the car by myself. I eventually dropped to one crutch, and attempted to...
  4. Y

    THR Knee pain/swelling and limping

    You described the way that I walk perfectly. Although I don't use any walking aids. I probably should but I'm hard headed. I am almost 4 years out and have walked like this since I was allowed to be fully weight bearing again. My surgeon's office pretty much gave up on me once my insurance...
  5. Y

    THR Compression stockings

    It's been awhile. I'm starting to feel as if I have my own personal soap opera with this hip. Perhaps we need to change my thread title to "As the hip turns"? 2019 was a rough year jobwise. My boss gave me a raise, but then started expecting way more of me than what I was able to do...
  6. Y

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    You are not wrong about that. I am still trying to get answers on why I turned out the way I did. I know one person in real life who had the same injuries that I did. Car accident, fractured acetabulum, multiple surgeries to fix, and finally a THR. She was not able to return to work as a...
  7. Y

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    No, my life is totally different now. For the most part I don't have pain anymore, but I was left unable to do alot of things that I did well before the accident. I was a CNA before in a nursing home. I wasn't able to return to that line of work, or further pursue my nursing career. Now I work...
  8. Y

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    @Mr.HoNoMo Welcome! I actually logged in instead of just lurking for once. You are the first person I have seen that also had acetabular fractures. I was in a car accident in 2015 resulting in fractures. Mine were isolated to the acetabulum and my femur was left mostly intact. I did end up with...
  9. Y

    THR Need Advice RE: Broke 90 degree precaution & No PT

    @MJ's Hip What state are you in? I know medicaid is different in different states. Is this like a recert period? Don't panic too much about the PT. I have met several people who had their THR while on NC medicaid. PT is not covered here unless you go to rehab. They all did well with just...
  10. Y

    THR Compression stockings

    Haven't updated in awhile, so here goes: Still doing my same 2 jobs, nail salon and tanning bed. Coming up on my third Christmas rush in the nail salon. Already know Christmas eve is fully booked with appointments, plus the last minute walk-ins. Looking at a 10+ hour day on my feet for that. I...
  11. Y

    Question about posterior recovery

    Fair warning folks, not from personal experience, but from a work family experience. Every one saying get some silky pajamas to help you slide into bed, this is a good idea. But if you already have silky or satin sheets, getting silky pajamas is just an accident waiting to happen. This did not...
  12. Y

    THR Compression stockings

    Thanks for checking on me @Mojo333 :) I still check in frequently, I'm just not always signed in. I had a slight accident with my phone a while back, or I guess you could say my butt had an accident. I had my phone in my back pocket and then slipped on my front porch. I had the bruise in the...
  13. Y

    THR after trauma surgery, HO, and more

    I had a car wreck and had an acetabular fracture. I had 2 ORIF surgeries where they used plates and screws. The first surgery was not a success and they had to go back in and redo it all. After the second, my natural hip still would not stay in place, so I had a THR 4 months after the first ORIF...
  14. Y

    keeping pins in / Hip Replacement

    I am for the most part pain free now. I am 2 years out. The reason for my thr was for chronic dislocation after the ORIF surgeries. Occasionally I get a twinge if I have a first. Like a few weeks ago I squatted down for the first time. I paid for that later on. I have occasional start up pain...
Back
Top Bottom