Recent content by Yorkshiregal54

  1. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR when will I be ready for Zumba!

    I ok it with my surgeon and he said do what ever ! I know my limitations and am a retired nurse . I was great after my last knee replacement was climbing mountains at 12 weeks and hiked the inca trail Peru at 18 weeks and travelled from uk . At Zumba I adapt if there's jumping I side step and...
  2. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR when will I be ready for Zumba!

    Hi I've been to my 1st Zumba post op today . I told Lisa our teacher I'd just do 30 minutes . I was fine and will do 45 minutes next week . I'm 7 weeks post op of Ltkr and 2 years Rtkr xx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. Yorkshiregal54

    PKR Jogging after a knee replacement (long term!)

    Hi I started run / walking 2 years post op Rtkr with no ill effects . Just had ltkr 6 weeks ago and have a 5 km planned at xmas and a 10km in July and great north run in September I have deferred this from this year ... Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Hi folks - I spoke to the hospital this morning they said the stitch will dissolve in time ; could be up to 6 weeks but to ignore it !! I'm getting frustrated as in usually that active I'm not one to not do anything . Bought some coloring books to do but will leave that until I'm really fed up...
  5. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Lol @Ellejay !!! I know it would have clashed ..I'm getting frustrated at the swelling and lack of bend . The wedding has a lot to answer for !!! I don't know if it's a dissolvable ? Contact hospital ? Or gp tomorrow ? Xx you ok ?? Xx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    looks like maybe a internal stitch coming out ? Purple !! Xx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Thanks@ ellejay . True no one bothered even at the wedding We've moved since last knee op so not many visitors or family visited ... Also I've forgotten what I was like with my progress !! Glad you seem to be doing so well most of us from a few years ago have been back with our other leg !! Xx...
  8. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Thanks - I'm suffering now after a busy weekend at the wedding !! My knee is still very swollen and stiff , I try to do my exercises but are painful so I'm not getting the bend !! I'm 16 days post op but I feel this time I'm struggling! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Hi I survived my sons wedding !! I had to go myself my partner had a vertigo attack the day before and couldn't stand up even !! The hotel provided ice for my leg but nobody offered to help I ended up walking with 1 crutch very difficult 9 days post op ... My leg was very swollen as you can...
  10. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Thanks @skigirl we've changed hotels to the one of the venue ! Lost deposit but be worth it to rest a bit . Had to go to flats I had a nice pair of kitten heels but no way ... Not really looking forward to it as I've been in car 2-3 hours today and I'm exhausted. Have to remind myself only 1...
  11. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Hi yes pre op !!! The inca trail was on average 5-7 miles a day for 4 days mostly climbing .... Was great . Worse thing was 3 planes to get there and then the altitude sickness !!! I'm hoping my knee holds out as I'm traveling 150 miles Thursday to my sons wedding . Il put some photos on Friday...
  12. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Thanks guys it's good to be back on here ,,, just done a silly thing ! Had leg elevated in bed but turned to right to turn radio down . Ouch mega ouch felt as tho my new joint moved and went back . Icing as we speak !!! Xx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Here we go again

    Hi for those that don't know me I had a RTKR in UK Jan 2014; had a brilliant recovery. Walked Inca Trail Peru 5 months post op and never looked back . Last Wednesday I had LTKR at a different hospital by a different surgeon as we have retired due to my multiple joint problems. So I'm 6 days...
  14. Yorkshiregal54

    TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

    Hi I had my Ltkr on 20 July - this seems so much harder than before ! I'm 5 days post op very swollen with staples can't lift my leg or move it very much ... You seem to have been through the mill so they say !! Nice to be back in touch xx Click for full image. Sent from my iPhone using...
Back
Top Bottom