Recent content by YogaGirl

  1. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    Oh Nancy I wish I had more pants with zippers that fit!! Next stop the shut your mouth and cut calories express :hissy: The kids are terrific and the best blessing. Survived twelve hours in the car and will test out swimming tomorrow. Walked a little on the beach but it was tiring on my quad...
  2. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    nmay51 lol :angel: my sweet pea is something! Smart as a whip, pretty as a picture and kind. :) blessed with her and her brother who is as spectacular (not that I am biased of course) yup, pull down stairs :hairpulling: my husband did that when I told him. Today......drum roll, I wore BOOTS...
  3. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    Morning Nancy! nmay51 books funny enough was my ten year old idea she used them to get on my bike. I thought hey why not!, thankfully my balance is pretty good so the books stayed stable. Yesterday's adventure was going in the attic which I realize not the smartest move but it worked out ok. I...
  4. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    Lol Nannyannie that description was hilarious! I specifically asked about frog kick as breast stroke is the most comfortable. No restriction woo hoo. nmay51 I am excited to try and will definitely post net week. I managed to swing my leg over the bike yesterday -- I was standing on books to...
  5. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    Thank you Nancy! :dancy: I know it doesn't mean it will go fabulously but I get to try which is exciting.
  6. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    Spoke to my OS PA today - I have no restrictions on swim strokes or stretching, only what feels right for my body. I am excited to try swimming and some more stretches. Fingers crossed!
  7. YogaGirl

    THR I'm on the other side now!

    Glad recovery is going well! I am about six weeks ahead of you - rest and heal. It can be up and down, stay positive!
  8. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    C Mac cardie, I did have surgery as an infant on the dislocated hip. What they did I have no clue. I wore a brace that kept me legs at 180 * for months, needed a twin carriage:). I see your surgery was anterior as well. Ave you gotten strength in your hip flexor a back? I am so sorry the...
  9. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    Cardio C Mac soft tissue disruption is apparently what I have! My right leg has always been a bit longer though other than shortening pants I never noticed too much. My X-rays are much more messed up than my hips ever felt prior to the arthritis that led to the THR. The body adjusts I guess...
  10. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    well I'm thinking it was The biking yesterday but I woke up with much loosed quads, feeling great.
  11. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    Ah Florida... I flat it is. I am on a mountain so it is a pain for me to drive to a flat place to walk. Pt this morning and I will wiggle my way on to the bike tonight:)
  12. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    nmay51 you are tough!, no way if things hurt so much I would have gone 1.8 never mind 18 miles! You must live where it is flat (I hope) :egypdance:
  13. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    nmay51 you have made much progress!! And you are sweating and moving forward which is awesome! I set up my mountain bike on an indoor stand today and pedaled for five minutes...felt great! The hardest part is getting on and off the bike it was laughable watching me figure out how to get on and...
  14. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    Ruby Red I am in the beautiful Hudson valley and had my surgery in the city. Are you an Empire State gal?
  15. YogaGirl

    THR Hi! Mood and exercise question

    @nmay51the support here is fabulously helpful.nancy, .how lucky your studio owner has been through the process. Our hot yoga studio is always packed and filled with triathletes cross training. I definitely don't see a seated reintroduction there. I am 53 days post op and I'm not sure when or how...
Back
Top Bottom