Recent content by Yamhillnancy

  1. Yamhillnancy

    2025 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Hi Everyone! It’s Yamhill Nancy. I have not posted in a long time. I have had a right knee replacement, two hip replacements, and one reverse shoulder replacement with 2 revisions. (Infections). I am having my left knee replaced on August 4. I am happy to have you all here for support.
  2. Yamhillnancy

    Shoulder Infection Yamhill Nancy’s Right Shoulder Revision

    Thanks, Jacey. I am going to call the surgery scheduler tomorrow to see if the surgery can be done sooner. The surgeon did say that if I started to run a fever or if the shoulder got hot or red to call. I have to get a COVID test 5 days before surgery. I have been fully vaccinated but still...
  3. Yamhillnancy

    Shoulder Infection Yamhill Nancy’s Right Shoulder Revision

    Hi Everyone, I am back again after several years, unfortunately. You guys have gotten me through a right knee replacement and two hip replacements and a right reverse shoulder replacement which I had on April 18th, 2019. The shoulder replacement recovery has been a nightmare. The pain has never...
  4. Yamhillnancy

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Yamhill Nancy is Back Again With Shoulder Issues

    Hi Everyone, My reverse shoulder replacement is on Thursday!! I am incredibly nervous. I saw the surgeon yesterday and he made it seem like it will be a piece of cake. I got fitted for this humongous sling. I think I need an engineering degree to be able to put it on after I take it off! It...
  5. Yamhillnancy

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Yamhill Nancy is Back Again With Shoulder Issues

    Hi Everone! After my right knee replacement and bilateral hip replacements, complete abductor tears on left hip (after my left hip replacement) I am now faced with a reverse shoulder replacement on April 18th. I am in terrible pain and this surgery can’t come soon enough. I am looking forward to...
  6. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy Is In trouble!<

    Hi, It's me Yamhillnancy. It has been almost a full year since my left THR. It has been a year of hell. I have been in constant pain. I am now using a walker and a wheelchair when necessary. The pain is on the outside of my hip where the bursa is. My leg is so weak also. Last August I fell and...
  7. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy Is In trouble!<

    I finally got my MRI results. The findings: 1. Grade 1 strain of the inferior aspect of the left gluteus medius musculature measuring 1.8 cm in transverse dimension. No organized fluid collection. 2. Slight irregularity of the left gluteus minimums tendon near its insertion on the greater...
  8. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy Is In trouble!<

    Okay, here goes: 1. D-R1F, E-R1F 2. Anterior 3. No pain meds. Percocet doesn't work and I am not allowed NSAIDs because of heart/stomach issues. I don't really have pain unless I am walking or lying on my left side. 4. I ice about 6 times a day. I try to ice as much as possible. 5. I elevate...
  9. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy Is In trouble!<

    Hi Guys, I hope I am posting correctly. I haven't been around much since my right TKR, right THR, and my latest left THR on May 15 this year. My left hip never had been pain free since my surgery. My surgeon, Andrew Yun in Santa Monica, CA, said it just takes a while to recover. I saw him...
  10. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy's Recovery Thread<

    @Josephine, I also am taking 100MG of Gabapentin nightly.
  11. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy's Recovery Thread<

    @Josephine 1. Anterior 2. 2-3 in recliner, 8-9 walking 3. Oxycodon-Acetaminophen 7.5-325 mg. One tablet 4-6 hours. At 4am I took 2 and went back to sleep until 8. 4. I have an automatic ice machine. It is on for half and hour, off for 15 minutes. I use it constantly. 5. Activity level is none...
  12. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy's Recovery Thread<

    @Josephine, as far as I can figure out the pain is :R2F, EFG. The good news is that I am sleeping great! I woke up at 4am, went to the bathroom, took a Percocet, read a bit then slept until 8. I have stopped crying (for the time being). I am in my recliner listening to a book on tape. I was...
  13. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy's Recovery Thread<

    Thanks, @Jamie and everyone else that replied to me. I am on Oxycodon-Acetaminophen 7.5-325. One every 4-6 hours. The surgeon's assistant said I could take 2 if I wanted. I have to wait for the script to arrive in the mail. I have some left from my rotator cuff surgery last Feb. The doctor said...
  14. Yamhillnancy

    THR Yamhillnancy's Recovery Thread<

    I had my surgery on Thursday, May 12. The surgery went well and I was up and walking that afternoon. I felt great! I went home on Friday. I immediately started feeling SEVERE inner thigh pain. It feels like a hot poker going through my thigh. I am worried that there is something wrong. I am...
  15. Yamhillnancy

    One month from today I get my new hip

    I remember in past years not being able to wear nail polish. In the past several years no one has said anything to me, and I have had many surgeries. By the way, I never put nail polish on before surgeries, just because I don't want to deal with chipping polish. I do have pedicures, however...
Back
Top Bottom